The Branch Manager will be responsible for effectively managing the day-to-day activities of the Branch including administration, operations, lending, product sales, customer service, security and safety in accordance with the Bank's objectives. He/She will be expected to increase the customer portfolio by providing a superior level of customer relations and promoting the sales and service culture (through coaching, guidance and staff motivation) while operating in a risk aware environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead, inspire and motivate the team of employees at the Branch to live the brand standards in their every interaction while creating an environment of mutual respect, co-operation and empowerment.
• Conduct performance evaluations and ensure that the evaluations for the Branch are completed accurately and constructively.
• Identify training needs and opportunities for Branch employees and prepare recommendations.
• Conduct regular staff meetings to ensure that goals and objectives for the Branch are clearly communicated to Branch employees and provide guidance and leadership to enable staff to meet these goals and objectives.
• Assist with the recruitment and selection process and the onboarding of new employees.
• Improve the Branch’s market share (deposits, loans, assets) and customer loyalty by maintaining and developing positive relationships with existing and prospective customers through service excellence and dynamism.
• Prepare and monitor the Branch’s annual budget.
• Oversee the lending process, review loan applications and approve facilities within the delegated lending authority.
• Ensure that all reports and returns required of the Branch are correctly, completely, and punctually prepared, and appropriately submitted.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Banking and Finance or related field.
• Certification in Banking and Finance or related field.
• Minimum of 7 years experience in Retail Banking inclusive of lending.
• Minimum of 5 years managerial experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Applications should be submitted, no later than 18 August 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.