The Urban Development Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (UDeCOTT) is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced individual, on contract, to fill the following vacant position:Bio Medical Engineering Assistant.
The Bio-Medical Engineering Assistant provides direct support to the Bio-Medical Engineer. He/she is expected to work closely with the Bio-Medical Engineer in activities related to the acquisition, maintenance and training of employees in bio-medical equipment to be installed at Health Facilities.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Bio-Medical Engineering from an accredited academic institution
- Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools and software relevant to job functions
- Proficiency in the operation of routine office equipment
- Working Knowledge of OSH Act 2004 as amended 2006
- Excellent communication skills inclusive of delivering presentations
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Minimum of (3) years’ bio-medical engineering working experience in a health related environment
- Equivalent combination of Qualifications and Training.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist the Bio-Medical Engineer in the review of Medical Equipment and FF&E Listing as are provided by the Design Build Contractor by conducting relevant research to assist the Bio-Medical Engineer in the decision-making process;
- Assists the Bio-Medical Engineer in providing support to the Ministry of Health for the acquisition of medical equipment for suitability, reputation and performance - recommending alternatives as necessary in keeping with the proposed health services to be delivered at the particular Facility. Assist in the inspection of medical devices for MHRA/CE and FDA approval certificates.
- Assist the Bio-Medical Engineer in ensuring that adequate provision is made for the effective and efficient maintenance of Biomedical Equipment at Health Facilities.
- Assist the Bio-Medical Engineer in reviewing contracts for the purchase of Biomedical Equipment to ensure that sufficient provision is made for the training of Health Sector employees.
- Participate in meetings and/or negotiations with the Contractor with respect to finalizing the Medical Equipment and FF&E Listing for the project as directed by the Bio-Medical Engineer
- Participate in Asset verification activities with the end user and FIDIC Engineer
- Participate in Commissioning activities associated with the Medical Equipment for the project (Inspect and sign off on all medical equipment for appropriateness upon its arrival and assembly on site.)
- Participate in meetings with the client, contractors and UDeCOTT in the planning of Pre-cant and De-cant activities (transitioning) into the new facility
- Assist the Bio-Medical Engineer in the co-ordination of training for the end-user on the medical equipment provided
- Assist in the planning and execution of orientation exercises for the end user at hand over phases.
- Assist in the conduct of inspection and/or acceptance of medical equipment and FF&E including trouble shooting as directed
- Liaises with the Project Manager on any biomedical issues or concerns as directed by the Bio-Medical Engineer
- Takes Minutes of Meetings and ensures follow – up on all action items
- Any other related duties as may be required by the Bio-Medical Engineer
Health & Safety
- Assist the Bio-Medical Engineer in reviews and inspections to monitor and evaluate compliance with building and safety codes and other relevant regulations.
- Assist in ensuring that Health and Safety audits are carried out regularly and that reports are completed and actioned.
- Assist in the preparation of reports relative to Safety and Health as necessary
Cost & Budget Management
- Assist the Bio Medical Engineer in ensuring that all works and materials are properly assessed against current market trends
- Provide support by drafting the relevant Tender Notes and Board Notes to be submitted to the Tenders Committee and Board of Directors for approvals.
- Conduct research for the provision of justification to inform the decision making process with respect to the acquisition of medical related equipment
- Assist in the preparation of Budgets relative to Biomedical Equipment
Preparation of Reports
- Assist in preparing weekly and monthly status reports on each assigned project utilizing the mandated formats and software as mandated.
- Assist in preparing other reports and/or presentations as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to manage numerous contractors and suppliers
- Ability to multi task effectively ? Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills inclusive of delivering Presentations
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of the OSH Act 2004 as amended 2006
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Qualifications & Experience:
- Operates within the Policies and Procedures of the Corporation
- Operates within Scope and limits of authority
- Performs work of a highly confidential nature
- High degree of accuracy in preparing reports
Key Behavioral Competencies
Customer Focus: Has a strong understanding of the ‘gold’ standards service requirements and the significance to the success of the business; Demonstrates a willingness to respond promptly to internal and external needs.
Personal Attributes: Uses initiative and demonstrates a positive work attitude, self-confidence and high level of energy; Is well motivated to perform with minimum supervision; Accepts change positively, and adjusts to the demands of the job; Reports to work punctually and regularly; Displays honesty, high level of confidentiality and credibility in work situations.
Team Player: Performs role assigned in the interest of the team’s success as against individual concerns; Conveys appreciation to other team members and allows others freedom to contribute in group projects.
Communication: Communicates in a logical and organized manner; communicates well with all levels within the organization
Business Awareness: Understands the wider business environment in the context of delivering short-term value; Ability to deliver results which add value to the department and to the Corporation.
Problem Solving: Is able to analyze data, and suggest solutions to problems to allow for efficiency and quality improvements within the work unit.
The deadline date for receipt of the completed application is Sunday 19th June 2022 no later than 4.00pm.