The Audit Senior will be responsible for leading a team of auditors in the conduct of audits, reviews and special investigations of the operations of the business its affiliates. This includes compliance, finance, operations, credit and information systems. The audit programme is designed to provide assurance that risks are being effectively managed, and the organization’s goals and objectives are being accomplished.
Duties and Responsibilities Summary
- Perform the role of team lead for audit engagements which includes drafting the engagement plan and the audit program, supervision and execution of the audit program inclusive of drafting the audit report.
- Conduct audits and review of the business and its affiliates in accordance with professional standards of Internal Auditing by carrying out the following:
- Evaluate and test operations.
- Report on compliance controls in accordance with industry best practice, such as the COSO framework.
- Examine company accounts and financial control systems.
- Gauge levels of financial risk within the Bank.
- Check that financial reports and records are accurate and reliable.
- Ensure that assets are safeguarded.
- Conduct fraud/special investigations and prepare draft reports.
- Provide consultancy services in an audit capacity to the business’ change management process governing new and amended policies, procedures, product or system development changes as required.
- Evaluate the status and adequacy of management’s efforts to correct previously communicated conditions.
- Assist in the preparation of reports to senior management and the audit committee on the status of management’s actions arising from engagement observations and recommendations.
- Assist with the preparation of reports and the retention of working papers for audit, reviews and investigations completed by the department.
- Complete special projects and other related activities as assigned by the Manager.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business from an accredited University or ACCA level 2.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in accounting, credit & retail banking with at least one (1) year supervisory exposure.
- Strong supervisory, conflict resolution and team building skills.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, research, negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and cross selling skills.
- Ability to use initiative, work independently and exercise sound judgement.
Date posted: Nov 12, 2020 | Application Deadline: not provided | Unposting: Dec 3, 2020 |