The Audit Manager II reports directly to the Campus Management Auditor and is responsible to review business units and make recommendations for remediation of control weaknesses identified and management action to be taken for remediation.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants should have:
- At least 5 years’ post qualification experience;
- MSc in Risk Management, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or a related field and relevant professional qualifications (CIA, CRMA, CISA, CRISC, CFE, ACCA etc.);
- Proficiency in Office Tools and familiarity with audit software and data analytics is desirable;
- Good communication skills;
- Good ability to analyze data and identify trends / themes;
- Proficiency in auditing;
- Strong interpersonal and team skills;
- A proven ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative; and
- A focus on Customer Service
The successful candidates will be required to:
- Participate in key departmental improvement initiatives and assume ownership of assigned audit engagements for full engagement cycle i.e. planning execution, reporting follow-up and validation of remedial action. (Role of AIC)
- Demonstrate the ability to set audit objectives and scope, design audit work programmes, mobilize audit resources, supervise the conduct of the audit assignment and make recommendation for scope adjustments as required.
- Demonstrate the ability to make recommendations for improvement in operational efficiency, rigour of the internal control environment, identify opportunities for cost reduction, income generation and /or income recoveries.
- Excercise ownership and management of the auditee relationship for each engagement cycle, including co-ordination of correspondence needed for clarification, negotiation or follow-up
- Demonstrate good coaching and mentoring skills and share knowledge and best practices to develop Auditors. Supervision of audit field staff assigned to engagements for which he/she is responsible, including the review of audit working papers and preparation of assignment performance appraisals
- Prepare high quality, comprehensive, audit reports for engagement for which he/she is responsible for submission to senior management
- Maintain awareness of business / process changes and be knowledge of the University’s strategic objectives and emerging risk areas.
- Maintain knowledge of IIA and other relevant professional standards & demonstrate continuous professional education.
The successful applicant will be expected to assume duties as soon as possible.
The closing date for receipt of applications is February 28, 2020.