To plan, organize and coordinate a comprehensive athletic programme in the sport of Athletics, that is designed to meet the needs of student-athletes and the National Track and Field programme and that is aligned to the objectives of the UTT.
- Prepares programmes for the development of student-athletes in the sport of Athletics;
- Develops goals and objectives for individuals and/or teams;
- Identifies resource needs for the implementation of programmes;
- Monitors implementation of programmes and progress of teams/individuals and takes remedial action to fill gaps;
- Schedules and arranges for participation in external sporting events;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Technical knowledge in the sport of athletics
- Strong Team Orientation
- Leadership skills
- Critical Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Knowledge of first aid techniques