Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Employee Benefits Executive team in the capacity of Assistant Vice President – Pension Investment
The selected candidate will utilise their seasoned investment expertise to build relationships with Pension Investment clients, through meetings, excellent presentations, clear and timely reporting, while being focused on client retention/acquisition and ensuring that Sagicor remains the provider of choice for pension investment management services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactive management and timely review and assessment of all clients’ portfolios individually, ensuring each client has an asset allocation which aligns with and is appropriate for their pension plan’s liability profile, Statement of Investment Policy and Principles, risk tolerance of the Trustees, prevailing and anticipated market/economic conditions, which complies with the Pensions(, Superannuation Fund and Retirement Schemes) (Investment) Regulations, 2006 or any other relevant legislation while also having regard to any investment advice provided by the Pension Plan’s Funding Actuary.
- Make recommendations to the Trustees to realign new and/or existing assets, following up to ensure implementation and documentation obtained by Trustees’ Resolution.
- Assist in the preparation of asset allocation plans for each pension plan, taking into account the effect of economic factors and the impact on required return targets.
- Special attention to Segregated Fund clients to ensure that time-sensitive new investment opportunities are brought to the Trustees’ attention as well as realignment recommendations, to facilitate timely decision-making by the Trustees.
- Attend Pension Trustee meetings, make presentations as required to discuss investment performance and to reinforce Sagicor as the provider of choice in the pension market. Primary emphasis is on the large, medium and sensitive clients however, all clients are to be visited at least once for the year.
- From time to time, attend Member Sessions for larger clients, sensitive clients and member-directed clients to discuss investment performance and provide investment education. Also attend meetings for clients in the wind-up process, to recommend appropriate asset mix and discuss disposition of assets
- Make new business presentations to prospective pension clients and acquire new business- approved superannuation funds or approved retirement schemes, also targeting pension business currently with other providers.
- Ensure quarterly investment performance reports are prepared and sent to Trustees. Ensure PIF performance results and reports are shared with Trustees.
- Ensure Statements of Investment Policies and Principles (SIPP’s) are prepared for all pension clients and are reviewed at least once annually by the Trustees. Also ensure that any regulatory/ legislative amendments necessary are made as the need arise.
- Ensure that plans are invested in line with the Trustees’ SIPPs. Where it is out of alignment, take appropriate action with the Trustees’ support to remediate- realignment of portfolio or amendment of the SIPP.
- Innovation in client reporting, service delivery to ensure Sagicor’s continued differentiation in the marketplace and client feedback from the Annual Net Promoter Score (NPS) Survey taken into account in closing any gaps which exist.
- Recommend process flow changes which will promote operational efficiencies, redounding to improvements in client delivery.
- Manage relationship and communication with clients, ensuring clients’ investment needs are met, that Sagicor is visible and that we are responsive to their feedback. Special focus on our large and special clients, those already with multiple fund managers and Segregated Fund Clients
- Keeping abreast with local and international, financial, pension and investment developments as well as developments within Sagicor which may affect pension clients so that these can be discussed with clients in a proactive manner. Ensure visibility of Sagicor as the provider of choice in the pension market through articles and appearances.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- B.Sc. and CFA Designation OR M.Sc. and at least level II in CFA Designation
- Securities course from a reputable institution
- Eight (8) year’s working experience in investment management with at least five (5) years in a management capacity
- Seasoned investment expertise
- Strong financial, critical thinking, problem-solving, communication and analytical skills
- Excellent presentation skills to a variety of audiences
- Sound relationship building and relationship management acumen
- Strong leadership and coaching abilities
- Strong strategic focus and good time management skills
- Ability to build partnerships across key functional areas to ensure successful and smooth execution of client deliverables
- Sound knowledge of personal computing applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
If this rol is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than July 10, 2020. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted applicants will be considered.