Sagicor Investments Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Group Treasury team in the capacity of Assistant Vice President – Research, Fund Management & Strategy
The selected candidate will be responsible for the oversight of the Research Team in collating economic and financial information from various sources. This will be used in the analysis of investment opportunities in the local and international markets as well as to provide timely analyses and information to team of Wealth Advisors, Group business divisions and clients to inform investment decision making
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research & Investment Reporting; Monitor and interpret trends within the local and global economy & financial markets and prepare reports as needed; Identify and recommend suitable investments across global asset classes for SIJL clients and provide thorough analyses to support investment recommendations.
- Monitor performance of these investment recommendations and provide periodic reports; Liaise with members of the Wealth Management team to prepare Investment Portfolio Proposals designed to meet client financial objectives and risk tolerances with the view to help grow Assets under Management and revenues.
- Observe business trends and conduct risk assessments on investments.
- Sales Function; In partnership with the Sales team ensure new funds under management targets are achieved; Generate ideas to garner inflows from corporate, institutional and new investors.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations, on various topics, for communication with internal and external parties; Conduct presentations to public on economic developments and investment opportunities
- Business Development & Fund Management; Develop and recommend new fund ideas for execution; Work on project teams for the creation or closure of new/existing portfolios
- Develop investment proposals for approval by requisite committees
- Strategy; Identify strategic opportunities for growth regionally; Develop linkages with prospective partners
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- CFA Designation or Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Management, or a related field and at least 5 years work experience in portfolio management, securities trading and/or related fields, including at least two (2) years’ experience at a managerial level. OR Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Finance, Economics, or a related field and at least 10 years work experience in bond, money and currency trading and portfolio management.
- Ability to think critically and logically and conduct thorough analyses
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to complete multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Excellent presentation skills
- Effective time management skills
- Normal office environment
- Frequent work outside of normal business hours and occasionally on weekends
- Frequent travel to visit clients
- International travel in pursuit of business objectives
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than October 31, 2020. While we appreciate all applications only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.