The position is responsible for the smooth running and effective management of the Operations Unit in the Office of Administration which include but are not limited to the servicing of governing bodies as determined by the Statutes and Ordinances.
Reporting to the University Registrar, the Assistant Registrar/Senior Assistant Registrar (Operations) will be responsible for:
- Providing end to end meeting management services for the University Council and Finance & General Purposes Committee;
- Coordinating the production of the Vice-Chancellor’s Report to Council;
- Effectively coordinating official University ceremonies including but not limited to special convocations, graduations and Presentation of the Chancellor’s Medal; ? Administering the annual Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence and the award of honorary degrees;
- Managing the preparation of the OoA’s annual budget / memorandum of needs;
- Supervising the assigned team;
- Interpreting guidelines and providing guidance on a number of operational policies and procedures including but not limited to the use of the Coat of Arms; and
- Undertaking any other duties which from time to time may be assigned by the University Registrar.
Qualifications, Experience, Competencies
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- At least 4 to 7 years’ experience as a senior administrator
- An understanding of financial management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build interpersonal relations among peers and employees
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to lead effectively
- Institutional knowledge will be an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and The UWI’s Enterprise Solutions, viz., PeopleSoft HR and Banner Finance among others
Deadline for applications is January 31, 2022