Sagicor Investments Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Group Internal Audit team in the capacity of Assistant Manager – Internal Audit (Individual Life)
This position is primarily responsible for the execution of quality audit assignment within timeframes and budgets. Assigned audits will include audit planning, fieldwork, reporting, issue tracking and follow-up. Participation in annual strategic audit plans is essential as this activity ensures that the department’s valued-added and other objectives are met.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Strategic Audit Plan. This involves carrying out risk assessment of the group/entity. Specifically: Conduct interviews with key internal stakeholders to determine areas of high risks, new risks to the process, change in risk profile; areas of focus assigned by Audit Manager Review past internal audits reports, regulatory reports and external audit reports to determine areas requiring internal audit attention
- Review regulatory changes to determine its impact on the audit universe
- Execute audit activities in accordance with the authorised Annual Audit Plan
- Plan or assist in the planning of audit activities assigned each Quarter
- Conduct fieldwork activities in accordance to plans set by reporting manager
- Prepare draft audit report (or parts thereof) for review by audit manager
- Assist in the preparation and submission of quarterly audit reports to the Audit Committee
- Provide quarterly Follow-up of management action plans emanating from (a) Internal audit activities (b) external audit ICM’s (c) Regulators findings where applicable
- Prepare monthly summary of time spent within the department allocated across assigned audit activities, projects, admin including training, meetings, leave of absence etc.
- Perform other mandatory activities (i.e. Management Requests) or projects assigned by Business Units through the office of the CEO or Audit Committee.
- Perform any other related duties which may be assigned from time to time
- Will require occasional out-of-town/overseas travel
- Will require work outside of normal business hours and occasionally on weekends
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- First degree in Management Studies/Finance/Economics or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
- Possess or in pursuit of Professional Accreditation e.g. ACCA , CIA, CFSA, or equivalent
- Three (3) years’ auditing experience with exposure in financial services industry
- Knowledge of the use of Data mining and Data Analytics tools
- Proficiency in and knowledge of the auditing profession, including auditing and accounting standards
- Sound knowledge in the legal and regulatory requirements as it relates to the financial services industry
- Solid understanding of the concept of risks and controls surrounding a process or activity
- Design audit steps to validate and provide assurance on the management of risks
- The ability to commence and follow through with a plan or task to its conclusion
- The ability to independently document walkthroughs and lead moderate reviews
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Strong data analytics skills - familiarity with various database/query tools/techniques to assist in concluding and making recommendations on activities reviewed.
- Has the ability to perform the job without detailed instructions, be creative to solve problems; develop recommendations and suggestions for discussions
- Can identify when audit matters require the immediate attention of senior management
- The ability to clearly and concisely document observation within working papers include the root cause and impact
- Deliver high-quality reports of the results of completed audits to management and other stakeholders (i.e. produce clear, concise, timely and well-structured audit reports)
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills – express concerns, ideas, suggestions and criticisms clearly to management
- May assist in the preparation or delivery of a formal presentation or training
- The ability to negotiate issues and resolve problems as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of computer software packages including word processing, spreadsheet applications, PowerPoint
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than May 31, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.