NAGICO Insurances is looking for an Assistant Company Secretary & Paralegal. This position will be responsible for providing professional administrative support and secretarial services to the Company Secretary and Company’s Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Department. The selected individual must have the ability to work in a fast-paced & high-pressure environment, remaining, resourceful and efficient, and maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality which is crucial to this role.
Summary of Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Drafting of Board and Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting Minutes
- Coordinate all aspects of Board meetings logistics including timely follow-up of Board Action items;
- Assisting in the formulation of policy in response to new regulations and guidelines that impact the Company;
- Providing support on legal due diligence exercises and regulatory issues generally;
- Assist with the due diligence documentation for Incorporation of new Companies and/or entrants to new markets;
- Ensuring payment of Annual licenses, Chamber of Commerce and business license fees throughout the NAGICO Group;
- Maintain corporate registers – Shareholders, Directors, Senior Officers.
- Ensure that all compliance and regulatory reporting, annual returns are duly submitted within the set deadlines;
- Bank Accounts: Opening new accounts, completion/ update of bank forms regarding corporate, directors’, officers’ and signatories’ data etc.;
- Research, prepare and or coordinate requests for various Corporate documents e.g. board resolutions, position papers, chamber of commerce updates, and notarization/legalization of documents;
- Other assigned duties as may be required by the Company Secretary
Required Qualification & Experience
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management Studies; coupled with a paralegal certification or the equivalent. Additional professional qualifications in the GRC field a plus.
- At least 3 years working experience as a paralegal or similar role.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are equally important.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with various internal and external parties.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & high-pressure environment, remaining, resourceful and efficient.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality is extremely crucial to this role.
- Ability to work independently and proactive to ensure deadlines are met.
- Familiar with Insurances regulations is a plus.
Applications Close on January 31st, 2022