Objectives and Purpose of the Job:
To ensure that the systems of internal control and procedure are followed for the areas of accounting being managed and highlight any deviations for corrective actions to be taken.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Chief Accountant and be responsible for the areas of accounting assigned from time to time.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and other reports that accompany them.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Enter journal entries to general ledger (recurring etc.)
- Validate cost adjustment for inventory items received.
- Coordinate & supervise monthly stock count, investigate major variances and prepare variance report.
- Reconcile all inventory accounts to the general ledger and prepare journals accordingly.
- Reconcile import clearing account to general ledger.
- Maintain prepayments schedule (local & foreign) and expense amounts monthly.
- Maintain deposit accounts & expense amounts monthly.
- Maintain proposal for expenditure schedule (PE).
- Prepare weekly/monthly sales report analysis.
- Prepare intercompany reconciliations monthly & book differences accordingly.
- Prepare intercompany transactions schedule
- Maintain monthly accruals schedules.
- Any other duties that may be assigned
Academic/Technical/Management: Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to analyze and understand financial data
- Ability to problem solve with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to handle tasks and deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of appropriate software programs
Other Personal or General Characteristics:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Shows initiative
- High level of Integrity
External Contacts (Level):
- External and Internal Auditors
- Suppliers and Customers