Applications are hereby invited for the position of Assistant Accountant - Barbados (Non-Management Grade 6), First Citizens Investment Services Limited
Responsible for the preparation of all financial reporting for the monitoring of the financial performance of FCIS Barbados Ltd as well as ensuring full compliance with all statutory requirements. Responsible also for accounting, tax and audit activities, as well as reviews and recommends accounting system controls and standards for implementation upon approval to ensure financial statements are prepared within operating standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares monthly management accounts (expenses account, Cash flows, etc.), Board papers and monthly variance analysis reporting
- Reconciles monthly operating bank accounts and broker cash accounts for FCIS (Barbados) Ltd as well as reconciles other accounts such as client / interest accounts, GL and inter-company accounts on a monthly basis on behalf of FCIS (Barbados) by reviewing, tracking, verifying, etc. and making the relevant adjustments as required subject to approval
- Maintains fixed asset registers in keeping with International Accounting Standards
- Provides audit schedules for the external audit process at year-end as well as prepares monthly/annual financial statements and notes for FCIS (Barbados) Ltd.
- Computes quarterly tax payments and prepares the annual tax returns and tax work papers on behalf of FCIS (Barbados) Ltd.
- Provides information retrieved from operating accounts and administrative support in the preparation of the annual budget for FCIS (Barbados) Ltd.
- Prepares journal entries for FCIS (Barbados) Ltd.
- Prepares statutory returns for Management approval
- Performs the role of Liaison Officer on behalf of FCIS (Barbados) Ltd. with the internal and external auditors as well as other statutory and regulatory bodies
- Reviews and recommends improvements for internal control, accounting and reporting systems as well as implements upon approval
- Reviews and approves operating bank reconciliations and broker cash reconciliations for FCIS (Trinidad) Ltd performed by Accounting Assistants and provides support/guidance as required
- Reviews accounts (payables, interest, etc.) to ensure monthly data is completed and accounted for in an accurate and timely manner
- Provides support to the Accountant (Manager) for the resolution of accounting / tax / operational issues to ensure operational efficiency
- Creates accounts on production and accounting software systems where necessary
- Engages in marketing of the Group’s products and services
- Responds to customers’ requests, enquiries, incoming and outgoing calls, both local and foreign, in a courteous and timely manner consistent with operating standards and escalation to Manager where necessary
- Completes special projects and other related activities as assigned by the Manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess ACCA Level 2
- Five (5) GCE O’ Levels A or B and C or CXC O’ Levels (General Proficiency) I, II or III passes including Mathematics and English Language which must be at grade I or II or level A or B, not more than two (2) of the other subjects should be at grade III level
- A minimum of four (4) years’ work experience in an accounting environment
- Strong oral & written communication, time management and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, team work/building, conflict resolution and cross selling skills
- Analytical, conceptual, research, negotiating and problem solving skills
- Ability to use initiative, work independently and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and use complex documents and forms
- Knowledge of the Group’s Operating Software Systems, Products and Services as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite would also be required
Applications are to be submitted on or before July 06, 2020.