Emera (Caribbean) Incorporated (ECI) is seeking applications from suitably qualified professionals to fill the position of Assistant Accountant. Reporting to the Manager, Finance, the successful candidate will support the wider Finance team.
• Preparing and coordinating financial statements and reports;
• Preparing and coordinating budgets and forecasts;
• Preparing and coordinating the Audit File;
• Liaising with external auditors;
• Preparing tax returns;
• Maintaining system and process manuals;
• Reviewing and recommending technical Accounting standards;
• Liaising with lenders and suppliers of goods and services;
• Presenting written and oral reports on work performed.
Qualifications and Experience
• A University Degree in Accounting, Management, Economics or a related discipline;
• Initiation of a professional Accounting qualification suitable for registration with ICAB;
• Approximately two (2) years practical on-the-job experience.
In return, we are offering an attractive compensation package, including Group Life Insurance, Medical Coverage and Group Pension.
The deadline for submission is Friday, February 26, 2021.