The jobholder is responsible for managing the design, development, release and maintenance of mobile applications and structured data systems using applications to automate business functions throughout the company. The jobholder is also responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the company’s data warehouse and business intelligence systems. The jobholder is also responsible for the management of the Document management systems, mobile applications, process automation and the development of these systems and the lifecycle of these applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the availability and reliability of Atlantic’s developed applications and data warehouse.
- Identifies and troubleshoots any issues/bugs during the operations of the business systems, including the interfaces between different systems.
- Ensures the specification, design and development of business solutions to satisfy end-user requirements.
- Develops program codes, test plans, test programs written, implements and documents mobile and web-based applications and maintains/enhances those applications over time; develops detailed and timely report design; creates codes using the reporting tool and database objects like stored procedures and views in support of the business process automation.
- Assists in establishing the strategic direction taken by the Application Development function (mobile applications and automation structured data sets); investigates new Windows, mobile and web-based technologies, productivity tools, and methodologies as new technologies evolve and develops the Application Development and automation components of the IT Technology Plan.
- Determines overall technical design and structure of the intranet, document management system and internet services; keeps abreast with current trends in programming, web development, database technologies, operating systems, and the information technology sector in general.
- Maintains a high degree of technical competency in operating systems, administration and design, web and mobile development for both the intranet and mobile applications, desktop application development, and security.
- Develops and maintains programs and methodologies that support internal hardware, software, and processes including capacity planning, configuration management, equipment replacement, security, and other related programs managed by development operations; develops standard practices for the development operations portfolio to include program coding, database design, user interface design, and overall software architecture.
- Conducts training sessions for customers on internal mobility applications and automated business processes developed by the development operations portfolio.
- Understands client requirements and how they translate to new application features; collaborates with development team and other IT&S staff to set specifications for new applications.
- Performs unit and integration testing before launch, conducts functional and non-functional testing and troubleshooting and debugs applications.
- Evaluates existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features and develops technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code.
- Implements applications projects in conjunction with the business process owners to improve business processes and satisfy functional and non-functional user requirements.
- Provides project plans, tracking and scheduling and resource allocations for assigned project activities.
- Facilitates the implementation of new technologies and updated applications versions for continuous improvement of the solution as well as satisfying user requirements.
- Provides data modelling for the development of business methods, information and reports within the company to increase business intelligence.
- Ensures business continuity for all assigned applications in keeping with the Company’s business continuity plans and tests the various plans to ensure that the systems can be recovered within a predefined timeframe.
- Provides written documentation of the user requirements, system designs, implementation guides, policies and procedures for new or upgraded technology solutions.
- Researches and develops solutions using technology to address business inefficiencies and improve organisational effectiveness.
- Evaluates and recommends business process changes to increase efficiency using technology and cross-functional teams.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A first degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems from a recognised, accredited institution.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience including three (3) years’ experience in client/server development, data warehouse.
- Experience in conducting end-user testing.
- Experience in managing document management systems.
- Experience with Web-based APIs.
- Experience in system analysis, design and architecture, technology experience of developing integrated, multi-tiered based systems.
- Development or administrative experience with commercial relational databases (e.g. Oracle SQL Server).
- Formal and informal training, and experience in a computer-related field, including systems development and integration and project management.
- Possesses a high level of understanding in the areas of web application programming, content management systems, API, databases, and system design.
Apply Before 11/30/2021, 09:55 PM