Applications are invited from suitably qualified professionals to resource the position of Application Specialist I (Level 11/12), Information Systems Department.
The successful candidate will report to the IT Specialist - Application Support I, and will be responsible for:
- Safeguarding the integrity, security, availability and reliability of the Bank’s applications.
- Conducting ongoing review, analysis and modifications of applications to improve operating efficiency.
- Assisting with the design, maintenance and implementation of effective business solutions to satisfy user needs.
- Performing ongoing maintenance and review of application systems and programs and developing appropriate solutions and developing application maintenance strategies to support the business objectives of the Bank.
- Reviewing and modifying existing information processing systems/applications make the appropriate recommendation to improve operating efficiency or correction of errors.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of quality standards and test procedures for software and product evaluation.
- Collaborating with users to identify, define and document user problems, issues and concerns to create a reliable technology solution that increases employee productivity.
- Assisting client departments to understand their operations and technology solutions so that work process can be streamlined.
- Monitoring implemented applications to maintain or improve performance, stability and/or reliability.
- Providing advice and recommendation to the IT Specialist on the information technology architecture that would support the Bank’s current and future requirements based on the impact of current, planned and global technology trends as it relates to the Bank’s business.
- Reviewing and assisting with the development of reports for implementation of procedures and plans associated with application development on an ongoing basis.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Postgraduate Degree in computer science or computerization, information systems analysis, design, development and implementation field/programme with three (3) years experience with applications and/or application development tools used by BOJ.
- Undergraduate Degree in computer Science or computerization, information systems analysis, design, development and implementation field/programme five (5) years experience with applications and/or application development tools used by BOJ
- Professional certification in information technology with six (6) years experience with applications and/or application development tools used by BOJ.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Good understanding of accounting and/or banking systems.
- Sound knowledge of the information systems environment, standards, practices and trends.
- Sound knowledge of application design, development and maintenance.
- Ability to translate software requirements into software models and design.
- Keen knowledge of the principles of database management, design and development.
- Ability to translate user’s description of business process into IT concepts.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
- Modern office environment.
- Occasional overseas travel.
- Occasionally required to work beyond normal working hours to meet deadlines.
- Expected to demonstrate a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Exposed to confidential information.
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should complete the application form no later than Wednesday, 08 July 2020.