Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Infrastructure & Technical Services team in the capacity of Application Engineer.
The selected candidate will manage the 24-hour availability of the Sagicor Group’s Core customer-facing applications systems. Consult with Assistant Vice President, Infrastructure and Technical Services to maintain, support, and ensure the group’s Application Systems and Service infrastructure remains optimally functional and compliant with appropriate auditing and governing bodies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the 24-hour management of the Sagicor Group’s core customer-facing Application Systems
- Oversee the management of user account profiles on various systems:
- Collaborate as Partners to provide Systems Engineering Services
- Assist with the design, implementation, and management of server operating system infrastructure (UNIX, Windows, etc.)
- Manage Operating System Security infrastructure in relation to core applications
- Collaborate in the designing, implementing and managing storage services (SAN, NAS, Centralized Backup and ILM)
- Assist in managing server-based network services (Windows Domain, Email, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Assist with Project Management in close collaboration with the Group Project Management Office
- Assist with the preparation of the unit’s annual budget
- Assist with the preparation of reports on the Unit’s activities for Senior Management.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
- Computer Technician Certification/Diploma or equivalent technical qualification
- A minimum of five (5) years’ work experience supporting networked workstations and PC applications, including experience with wide area networks, and Windows and UNIX administration, and supervisory experience
- Sound knowledge of distributed computing environment concepts and principles of routing and client/server operations
- Sound knowledge of the hardware, software, application and integration of the PC environment, applications, connectivity and peripheral equipment
- Sound knowledge of the process for the installation, configuration and maintenance of application software for multi-user computer systems
- Functional knowledge of electronic transaction processing especially Point of Sale Devices, Automated Banking Machines
- Sound knowledge of processes such as input and output files, application threading related to End of Day operations.
- Ability to effectively assess, prioritize and execute tasks in a customer-centric always-available environment
- Strong management skills
- Effective problem resolution and processes automation skills
- Sound human relations and customer service skills
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than October 31, 2020. While we appreciate all applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.