The Application Developer role is responsible for developing CXC software products and developing code for new applications according to technical specifications and system designs. This position works closely with IS Business Analyst and Application Development Lead to develop software solutions based on requirements provided.
What you’ll do:
- Develops and unit tests software code as per the requirements provided.
- Collaborates with Operations team to ensure seamless transition of new applications into the production environment.
- Works with other developers to conduct code reviews and troubleshoot problems.
- Troubleshoot application issues and restore service by resolving customer-facing incidents
- Assist the Application Development Lead to design and implement solutions as required.
- Develop and maintain documentation for software solutions.
- Any other related duties as may be assigned by any duly authorized person(s)
What we’re looking for:
- University degree BSc in Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology Management and 4+ years of software development experience.
- Associate Degree or Professional certification in Programming e.g. Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer and 7+ years of software development experience.
- Basic proficiency with both Agile and Waterfall/SDLC methodologies.
- Proven ability to manage internal and external development projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Work independently and as a team member
- ITIL professional certification is a plus
CXC is The sole provider of highly sought-after, indigenous Caribbean content, internationally recognised educational services and qualifications.
Expiry Date April 18, 2021