Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Financial Control team in the capacity of Administrative Assistant – Finance
The selected candidate will provide financial reporting and accounting support to the Financial Analyst Sagicor Bank Jamaica Limited (SBJL), Sagicor Investments Jamaica Limited (SIJL), and Sagicor Investments Cayman Limited(SICL) to ensure timely and accurate preparation, analysis, and reporting of financial and accounting information, and management of the Company’s General Ledger.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepared Audit Confirmation Reports for dispatch to SIJL customers.
- Prepare Invoice for Audit Confirmation and follow up for collection.
- Manage the External Audit Confirmation process at the Interim and Final Audits.
- Update assigned Audit Schedules monthly for review, also investigate and pass entries.
- Engage in accurate and timely completion of duties relating to obtaining year-end audit clearance: Assist in preparing Year-end Trial Balances, Grouping Sheets, and Audit Schedules; Assist in ensuring timely responses to audit queries and requests for information.
- Manage Leave Calendar for FCU
- Perform other duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- A minimum of 6 CXC/GCE passes inclusive of English Language and a Numeric Subject or Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or related field from a recognized institution.
- At least two (2) years’ accounting experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS), and general accounting practices and techniques would be an asset
- Working knowledge of the Banking Services Act, Companies Act, Securities Act, and regulatory requirements
- High competency in using PC productivity applications, particularly the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- High level of motivation and excellent organizational skills
- Strong analytical, conceptual thinking, and problem-solving skills
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application no later than November 27, 2020. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.