The Human Resource Officer provides assistance and facilitates all human resource processes at all business locations. This position provides support to the Human Resource Manager on various human resource matters such as recruitment, employee relations, training and development and benefits administration. The ideal candidate is expected to uphold a high level of confidentiality and have a passion for this field.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the recruitment process by preparing job descriptions, posting ads, scheduling interviews, administering pre- employment tests, and conducting reference checks all in a timely manner.
- Tracking the status of all potential candidates and providing a shortlist in the HRIS system.
- Respond to all enquiries regarding job openings and the application process.
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans.
- Coordinate and administer the new employee orientation program.
- Develop training and development programs.
- Assist in performance management processes.
- Supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
- Providing counseling on policies and procedures.
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Maintain employee records according to policy and legal requirements.
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Prepare general correspondence, maintaining employee files and HRIS data entry.
- Assist the Human Resource Manager with various research projects and or special projects.
- Oversee all administrative matters as it relates to the company’s employee recognition program.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Prepare and submit weekly analytical reports to HR Manager.
- Conduct HR audits and provide feedback to the HR Manager.
- Assist in the administration of the health insurance plan and act as a liaison between employees and the insurance providers.
- Assist with the organization of the company’s annual training and development seminars.
- Assist with the organization of the Delisle Walwyn Group annual events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Two (2) years work experience in HR and or an Administrative role is required.
- Associates degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a relevant field is required; further training and experience will be a plus.
- HR Certification (e.g. PHR, SHRM) would be an asset.
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay, benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.) is preferred.
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude.
- Strong ethics and reliability, ability to show initiative.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to prioritize workload and meet set deadlines.
- Must be a team player and solution oriented.
- Must possess the ability to exercise sound judgment and display a high level of respect, trust and integrity.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Apply no later than July 15, 2022.