Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Corporate Actuarial team in the capacity of: Actuarial Analyst (Contract).
Assist the Actuary with monitoring and analysing the performance of the Group Insurance portfolio, as well as assisting with any computations in respect of new and existing products.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Actuary in providing support to the Employee Benefits operations:
- Review costings done by the Underwriting Department.
- Prepare Budget for EBD lines of Business
- Run Dynamic Cash Adequacy Testing (DCAT) Scenarios
- Yearend Valuations and Reporting
- Development of Premium Rates for the Company’s existing Employee Benefits products;
- Conducting experience studies and the setting of pricing assumptions for the Underwriting Department;
- Work with IT in preparing Reports that with assist with Actuarial Analysis.
- Prepare detailed documentation of procedures utilized in completing assignments.
- Preparing FSC Schedules; Produce monthly: Prepare monthly reserves for Sagicor Life, Sagicor Cayman, Sagicor Costa Rica and the Government Portfolio
- Prepare Monthly Conservation analysis of the Group Health and Life Portfolios
- Conduct Monthly Trend analysis on the Group Health Portfolio
- Prepare Completion Factors for the Underwriting Department
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science
- Passed a minimum of one (1) exam conducted by the Society of Actuaries (SOA) or Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA)
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in the life insurance industry
- Specialized Skills, Techniques/Learned Disciplines:
- Excellent mathematical, research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the general and technical operations, practices and principles of a life insurance company and its related business lines, in particular, employee benefits
- Good organizing and leadership skills
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than September 30, 2020. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.