Overall Objective and Purpose:
Responsible for accounting functions that includes accounts payables, accounts receivables, and conducting reconciliation of balance sheet accounts such as related party transactions, fixed assets and employee receivables.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completing the Account Payable process and payment requests for reoccurring expenses and assures that all pertinent approvals are done.
- Maintains financial electronic filing system for all invoicing generated to Accounts Payable and Receivables which includes scanning, filing and archiving accounting documents.
- Completes balance sheet reconciliations and schedules such as related party transactions, employee receivables and fixed assets.
- Preparing journal entries for updating general ledger as required.
- Prepares weekly and/or biweekly open payable and receivable reports and ensure accuracy prior to distribution to the Accounting Supervisor/ Manager.
- Assists with the monthly financial closing; calculates and prepares month end accrual and prepayment journal entries.
- Prepares month end accounts payable and receivable account analysis as required.
- Monitoring of statuory payments
- Conducting monthly consumable stock counts.
- Preparing VAT calculations.
- Completes accounts receivable tasks such as reviewing of cashier reconciliations and verifying cash receipts on a daily basis.
- Prepares year end and interim audit schedules.
- Any other reasonable duties assigned by Accounting Supervisor/Office Manager related to the accounting operations of the business
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in accounting
- At least 2-3 years experience in accounting clerical position
- Highly computer literate with strong knowledge of MS Office programs particularly Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to follow up
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently to meet strict deadlines
Desired to have:
- Highly desired knowledge in SUN System or accounting software
- Experience in Account Payable and Receivables.
- Self-Leadership and self-motivated
- Teamwork and strong interpersonal relationships
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Communicate effectively to different levels and functions in the organization
- Sound decision making and proactive
- Highly organized.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer Contributary Pension Plan, Health & Life Insurance Coverage and tuition reimbursement.
An Equal Opportunity Employer- Minority/Female/Disables/Veteran