The North East Regional Health Authority, a statutory body under the Ministry of Health & Wellness, with responsibility for the management and delivery of public health services within the parishes of St. Ann, St. Mary and Portland, is seeking a dynamic, experienced and proactive individual to fill the positions of Parish Accountant for the parish of St. Mary and Accountant for St. Ann's Bay Regional Hospital.
The ideal candidates must possess:
- AAT Level 3 or ;
- ACCA-CAT Level 3 or;
- ACCA Level 1 or;
- Diploma in Accounting from a recognized University or;
- ASc.- Accounting, MIND or;
- Diploma in Government Accounting, MIND i.e Government Accounting Levels 1, 2 & 3 or; • Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Management Studies with Accounting or BBA from a recognized University.
Specific Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of accounting and internal control procedures.
- Working knowledge of budget preparation and management.
- Practical experience with accounting software.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial and accounting reports.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Good managerial and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance with the Authority's financial policies and procedures.
- Implementing proper financial systems and procedures.
- Monitoring financial activities of health facilities.
- Assisting with the preparation of budget
- Ensuring expenditure against established operating plans.
- Ensuring reports are prepared accurately and timely.
REMUNERATION PACKAGE PER ANNUM:
- Salary Scale: $1,145,582 — 1,361,737 per annum along with any other allowance(s) attached to the post.
Applications along with detailed resume should be sent no later than Friday, 2020 June 12