GraceKennedy Financial Group (GKFG) invites applications from self-motivated and energized individuals for the position of: Accountant Banking & Investments
Reporting to the Assistant Financial Controller-Banking & Investments, the incumbent will be expected to:
- Manage the preparation and analysis of monthly and annual financial statements, reconciliations, analyses and periodic regulatory reports presented to internal and external customers for companies assigned, ensuring they are in accordance with established guidelines
- Approve journal entries, ensuring that all journal entries are properly supported.
- Prepare Board, Audit Committee, ALCO and other reports assigned.
- Ensure Accountants Checklist is completed accurately and timely for companies assigned.
- Manage the efficient completion of quarterly consolidation package for companies assigned, ensuring it is delivered within established timeline.
- Manage the preparation of the draft audited financial statements for companies assigned, in collaboration with external auditors.
- Minimise audit adjustments (in terms of number and value of adjustments) for companies assigned.
- Analyse Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts as assigned within required timelines.
- Prepare key reconciliations and analyse suspense accounts pertaining to the Bank as assigned. Ensure timely investigation and clearance of reconciling items. Liaise with other department as required to ensure timely clearance of items.
- Manage the preparation of the annual budgets for companies assigned.
- Review GCT, withholding tax, and other statutory returns, for companies assigned, ensuring accurate and timely filings.
- Ensure timely uploading of the annual budget into the Oracle Microgen and Peachtree systems
- Manage special projects to ensure efficient and effective execution.
- Provide guidance and support on all financial matters to the Segment’s senior management team.
- Supervise, train, coach and evaluate team member.
Minimum Qualifications/Knowledge Required:
- A First degree with a concentration in Finance, Accounting or ACCA designation or equivalent.
- Three (3) years’ experience in Accounting & Finance at a supervisory level.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Good people management skills
- High level of professionalism and ethical standards
- Good Collaborative skills
- Excellent communication skills