The Ultrasonographer will report to the Manager- Para Clinical Services.
Nature and Scope:
The Ultrasonographer I is responsible for performing a variety of general and specialized Ultrasound procedures on clients for the purpose of achieving accurate client diagnoses so as to ensure a high quality of health care.
The Ultrasonographer I would be required to:
- Perform various Ultrasound procedures and examinations on clients and process results from these procedures.
- Ensure that the Ultrasound room is prepared for daily examinations.
- Register clients and manage client flow and work schedules.
- Ensure that the clients are properly prepared as well as fully aware of the processes involved in the examination.
- Prepare technical reports for presentation to the reporting Radiologist.
- Resolve queries from various departments, wards and clients.
- Assist in the training of Interns (College of Science, Technology and Applied Arts of Trinidad and Tobago (COSTAATT)).
- Perform related work as may be required by the approved Authority.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Well-developed knowledge of Ultrasound procedures, techniques, practices and principles.
- Working knowledge of the institutional regulatory and government framework in which the above functions are performed.
- Sound comprehension, analytic ability, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to persuade peers, supervisors and subordinates to follow the desired courses of action.
Minimum Training and Experience:
- First Degree or Associate Degree from a recognized University OR
- Certificate of Completion of studies in Ultrasound, Sonographical Sciences, or specialized field
- Two (2) years supervisory experience in a similar or related job function.
- Registered with the Council for Professions Related to Medicine.
- Any equivalent combination of training or experience.
Communicatin an Working Relationship:
- Manager-Para Clinical Services
- Radiographer II
- Other members of the Radiology Department
- Other Regional Health Authorities
Deadline for submission of applications: 10th July, 2020