GraceKennedy Financial Group (GKFG) invites applications, from persons who are dynamic, performance-driven and seeking a challenging role, for the position of: Systems Operator.
Reporting to the Team Lead IT Infrastructure & Operations, the incumbent will be required to efficiently and accurately operate computer equipment following procedural guidelines and routines and to ensure all computer processing (specifically End-Of-Day) is completed within the schedule time frames. The position is required to operate in a 24/7 environment and must be able to join a 24/7 on-call schedule.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Execute the procedures associated with the Business-Day and End-of-Day (EOD) processes for the organization’s critical software applications
- Close monitoring of the online environment to ensure all system prompts/messages are responded to in a timely manner.
- Work with other personnel and support groups to ensure that all applications, database, hardware and software issues are addressed and resolved quickly in order to minimize service impact.
- Distribute all production output e.g. reports and statements
- Manage the backup and archiving of the organization’s critical data according to predefined procedures and best practices ensure efficient and accurate data recovery when required.
- Complete daily logs ensuring that the status of the production processing environment is appropriately noted and unusual activities/requests recorded
- Maintain records to ensure adequate work supplies are in stock e.g. tapes, printer ribbons, forms, etc.
- Keep confidential combination, password and user ID and monitor other users through constant reminders.
- Ensure that backup data procedures and off-site storage requirements are strictly observed.
- Monitor users of the various systems to ensure that there are no deviations from the systems requirements.
The ideal candidate should have at minimum:
- Diploma in Computer Science or Diploma/Certificate in Computer Science plus relevant experience
- General knowledge of Data Processing, LANS/WANS, Computers, peripherals and operating systems (Windows Server and UNIX variants). Knowledge of PC troubleshooting.
- Ability to work in isolation with little support while addressing issues requiring timely resolution.
- Well-developed problem solving skills to resolve relatively complex issues and develop long term solutions.
- Capable of interacting with individuals of differing levels of experience and expertise
- High level of initiative and flexibility
- Must be highly team-oriented
- Excellent “customer service” attitude
- Excellent communication and well developed interpersonal skills
- Must be highly motivated, responsible, possess initiative and have above average problem determination skills
Application Deadline: Oct 23, 2020