The Senior Enterprise Risk Specialist will provide support to the Senior Manager, Risk and Compliance in the following areas: delivery of an effective enterprise-wide risk management framework, facilitating and coordinating risk related activities, management of the Risk & Compliance function throughout the Bank covering Risk Management with ISO Guidelines (ISO 31000) and Basel II/III requirements and ensuring compliance with internal controls and policies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the development and management of an enterprise-wide risk work programme.
- Assist with the compliance risk assessment of the Bank.
- Assist with the monitoring of account activity on transaction monitoring system.
- Assist with analysis of Exemption Limits.
- Identify and escalate risk related issues.
- Conduct enterprise-wide risk training.
- Assist with the planning, design, and implementation of an Enterprise-wide Risk Management Programme for the Bank to ensure full compliance with laws, rules, regulations, internal policies, procedures, and processes.
- Assist with conducting stress testing of the credit and investment portfolios for reporting to the Risk and Compliance Committee.
Assist with stress testing of earnings quality and sustainability, and other profitability ratios, capital shocks and liquidity for reporting to the Risk Committee and Board of Directors.
- Identify and report on emerging risks affecting the Banking sector including but not limited to climate risks.
- Assist with conducting risk assessments of the various departments of the Bank to include identifying, evaluating, and measuring risk. Assist with developing risk mitigation plans and tolerance limits to manage the risks identified in accordance with regulatory compliance and audit requirements, approved risk tolerance and strategic plans approved by the Board.
- Assist with the development of a risk and compliance work plan annually.
Experience and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in business, banking, finance, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in banking, finance, risk management or related field.
- Risk Management Certification.
- Training in ISO 31000 Guidelines and working knowledge of ICAAP/Basel II/III would be an asset.
Skills and Attributes
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of regulatory environment, risk management and control frameworks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good Analytical and IT skills.
- Team orientation and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt and manage conflict.
- The drive to investigate situations.
- Ability to retain and process large amounts of technical information.
- Ability to use EXCEL and risk management software applications.
Applications should be submitted no later than 3 February 2023.