The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the Agency’s financial management and accounting function responds judiciously to the expectations of all stakeholders to maintain a strong financial position and sustain credible and respected fiscal relationships, enabling MIND to fulfill from a finance perspective; its statutory, legal and other financial obligations through the making of sound financial and operational decisions.
1.0 Key Responsibilities ?
- Maintain all accounting books and records, schedules and files required to provide complete, timely and accurate information for financial reporting ?
- Maintain the General Ledger System, ensuring accurate posting of accounting transactions and adjustments ?
- Direct the preparation of payment vouchers and cheques through the general disbursement procedure, and follow up to ensure the timely distribution of cheques to MIND’s suppliers of goods and services ?
- Check payroll accuracy and ensure that all transactions are properly posted and recorded ?
- Check all receipts and lodgments and ensures transactions are accurately processed and deposited to Bank Accounts, observing all the requisite internal controls and safeguards. ?
- Ensure the accurate and timely remittance of pension, insurance and statutory deductions to relevant organizations and Government Agencies ?
- Participate in interim audit exercises, providing auditors with the necessary information ?
- Support the timely completion of financial statements and other monthly, quarterly and annual reports ?
- Ensure sound petty cash administration ?
- Assist in the budget preparation process ?
- Support the establishment, maintenance and implementation of adequate internal controls, safeguards and procedures ?
- Ensure the accurate preparation of daily Cash Book balances and weekly, monthly and annual bank account reconciliations ? Support the preparation of performance and accounting reports in compliance with reporting requirements
1.1 General Management/Leadership ?
- Direct, monitor and evaluate the performance of staff supervised to meet agreed on performance targets and standards ?
- Perform administrative duties including selection, training, discipline and approval of staff leave in accordance with Agency policies and procedures for all supervised staff ?
- Support the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans ?
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the Director Finance, Human Resource Management and Administration.
2.0 The successful candidate should possess the following competencies: ?
- Excellent Knowledge of Accounting Principles and Practices ?
- Good Knowledge of Risk Management ?
- Excellent Knowledge of Financial Management ?
- Excellent Knowledge and Practice in Budgeting and Forecasting ?
- Good Knowledge of Financial Administration and Audit (FAA) Act ?
- Good Knowledge of Financial Instructions to Executive Agencies (FIEA) ?
- Excellent Working Knowledge of Accpac Software ?
- Excellent Leadership Skills ?
- Excellent Communication Skills ?
- Excellent Planning and Organizing Skills
3.0 Minimum Required Qualification and Experience: ?
- Postgraduate Degree in Accounting or ACCA (Level III) or its equivalent ?
- Five (5) years related working experience and two (2) years at the supervisory level ?
- Knowledge of and experience with the public sector environment would be an asset
Deadline for applications is Friday, February 19, 2021