The Trinidad and Tobago Electricity Commission is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and competent national to fill the captioned position.
• Manages the organization of teams, development of audit objectives, logistics, schedules and scope for engagements.
• Reviews audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analysing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures for their sections.
• Ensures the identification, development, and documentation of audit issues and recommendations for improvement.
• Communicates the results of audits and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations on a timely basis to management and the member of the commission.
• Provides consulting services to management and staff.
• Provides significant input to development of the annual internal audit plan; all with emphasis on a risk-based approach designed to assist management in the attainment of their objectives.
• Provides training, coaching, and supervision to internal auditing staff.
• Ensures internal audit activities are executed in compliance with The IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
• Develops and maintains a productive team-oriented client, staff, and management relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
• Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
• Represents internal auditing on organizational project teams, at management and board meetings, and with external organizations.
• Performs related work as assigned by the Manager of Internal Audit.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• Professional Accounting qualifications such as ACCA, CPA, CMA, or CA qualifications and eligibility for membership in the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Trinidad and Tobago (ICATT).
• Possession of Auditing qualifications (CISA, CFE, CIA, etc.) would be an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least six (6) years' experience at Managerial level in the Auditing/Accounting function.
• Well-developed knowledge and experience in Financial Accounting and Internal Auditing Practices.
• Well-developed Investigative and Communicative Skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant computer software programs.
• A competitive compensation package is assured.
Closing date for applications is Monday 6th July, 2020