The Fair Trading Commission (FTC) invites applications for the post of Information Systems Administrator (ISA) to manage and support the development of the FTC’s Information & Communications Technology (ICT) environment.
The duties of the ISA include:
• Performs daily database maintenance including, but not limited to, database backups, database administration, database performance and troubleshooting, database auditing and security.
• Provides direction and recommendations towards technology related issues.
• Assesses user requirements, and designs, develops, and installs databases and other software systems.
• Monitors and ensures the effective maintenance of the FTC’s web page.
• Provides pre-event technology planning and onsite technology at conferences and events.
• Performs disaster recovery activities to ensure swift return to normal functionality.
• Tests, implements, and monitors new systems. Co-ordinates the implementation and upgrading of systems.
• Examines and recommends ways to use ICT systems in analyzing information related to investigations and market studies undertaken by the FTC.
• Supervises the implementation, deployment, and documentation of all related systems procedures.
Applications should be submitted no later than Friday, November 27, 2020.