The General Manager, Human Resources ensures that the strategic and operational Human Resource Management needs of the Tobago Regional Health Authority are identified and addressed effectively on an ongoing basis. This is supported through the formulation and management of the implementation of Human Resource Policies and Procedures on an ongoing basis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs all of the people functions of the organisation in accordance with policies, practices, ethical standards of business, laws, regulations and advisory authorities.
- Directs all health, safety and environmental functions of the organisation in accordance with legislation, organisational policies and practices, ethical standards of business, regulations and advisory authorities.
- Participates in the process for the development of the Authority’s corporate strategies and Plan.
- Analyzes the Authority’s Corporate Plan and determine its impact on the human resources management system and the implications for human resources management.
- Consults with the Authority’s Line Manager to ascertain the Human Resources Managements needs and determine manpower requirements.
- Develops and implements personnel establishment control policies, procedures and mechanisms to ensure compliance with established objectives.
- Develops and disseminates appropriate human resource management philosophies and strategic plans, forecasting manpower requirements by department and delineating strategies, policies, plans and programmes for the Authority’s employment, development, integration, manpower utilization, compensation and separation functions.
- Develops and maintains a properly functioning human resources unit with clearly defined operating policies and procedures.
- Provides Line Managers with advice and guidance in the development and implementation of specific education, training, career and succession plans and programmes for their divisions of departments.
- Directs, controls and monitors the utilization of subordinate personnel so as to create and maintain effective levels of productivity and ensure that work targets are achieved.
- Ensures the development and maintenance of appropriate compensation administration systems ensuring the prompt review of job documents, job ratings, classifications, base and supplemental compensation.
- Ensures the development, implementation and effective utilization of an appropriate performance management system.
- Ensures the development and establishment of effective procedures for the resolution by line managers employee grievances and industrial relations matters.
- Plans and coordinates the negotiation with employee representatives of terms and conditions of employment, the maintenance of appropriate industrial relations practices and procedures, and effective representation of the Authority’s interests with institutional authorities.
- Ensures the development and maintenance of appropriate programmes for the satisfaction of employees’ health, safety recreational needs.
- Adheres to Accreditation Standards, Public Health, Infection Control, Occupational Health and Safety, Ministry of Health, Division of Health Wellness and Family Development, Board/ Registering Body and TRHA Protocols, Guidelines, Policies and Procedures.
- Performs related duties as may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Science from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management or similar qualification from a recognized tertiary institution.
- At least ten (10) years’ Human Resources Management experience five (5) of which should be at a senior management level.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in all aspects of Human Resource Management.
- Considerable knowledge of strategic planning.
- Knowledge of budget preparation methods.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively to both peers and management.
- Strong computer skills with Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint required.
- Good organization and time management/project management skills.
- Interpretative judgement, calculative and diagnostic abilities, highly developed interpersonal and communicative skills and the ability to persuade peers, superiors and subordinates to follow appropriate or desired courses of action.
Please clearly indicate the position for which you are applying either in the subject line of your email or on the envelope.
All external certification must have Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) certification.
We thank you for your interest in Tobago Regional Health Authority but unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their Curriculum Vitae with copies of all relevant certificates and two (2) testimonials no later than 16th April, 2021 at 4:00 p.m