The Electrical Engineer develops and implements systems and procedures for the monitoring and maintenance of the high voltage and low voltage distribution system, including equipment control systems. The incumbent will be expected to manage and provide technical expertise in the repair and maintenance of all associated equipment so as to ensure the availability and integrity of the distribution system.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyses work orders in order to determine the skills, materials, tools, methods needed to execute corrective and preventative maintenance.
- Prepares estimates of time and manpower requirements for all works in the Engineering Services department and organises the requisitioning of materials.
- Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Directs and coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in facility installations.
- Ensures that all works performed in areas under his/her responsibility are completed in an efficient manner.
- Trains personnel in Engineering Services department in the areas of:
1. Correct maintenance practices on all electrical equipment, non-clinical electronics, air conditioning, refrigeration and ventilation
2. Proper use of tools and test equipment
3. Safe occupational work practice
- Enforces the use of all applicable safety regulations, investigates injuries in department and prepares injury report.
- Uses Computerised Maintenance Management System to plan, track, analyse work schedules for both corrective and preventative maintenance.
- Provides technical expertise in the repairs of all major electrical equipment and systems.
- Prepares regular maintenance management reports as required.
- Performs Management functions as required for the smooth operation of the Engineering Services department.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Adheres to Accreditation Standards, Public Health, Infection Control, Occupational Health and Safety, Ministry of Health, Division of Health Wellness and Family Development, Board/ Registering Body and TRHA Protocols, Guidelines, Policies and Procedures.
- Prepares monthly reports as requested by the General Manager Operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree, BSc in Electrical or Electronic Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- At least six (6) post qualifications years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Well-developed theoretical and practical knowledge of Electrical Engineering principles and practices.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite word processing software; Microsoft Office Suite spreadsheet software; CMMS - TMA inventory software; Explorer internet software; MS Project 2003 project management software and CMMS - TMA database software.
Please clearly indicate the position for which you are applying either in the subject line of your email or on the envelope.
All external certification must have Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) certification.
We thank you for your interest in Tobago Regional Health Authority but unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their Curriculum Vitae with copies of all relevant certificates and two (2) testimonials no later than 16th April, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.