The Dispatcher’s primary role is to act as a liaison officer between visitors at the seaports and taxi drivers, as well as vendors who ply their trades at the ports. The post holder will be responsible for providing information on a variety of topics regarding the destination’s products and services at the customer service stations located at the arrival hall at Port Zante. The job requires an individual who is flexible to work a shift schedule and on weekends and or public holidays.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include but are not limited to the following:
- To assist with the dispatching of taxis in an efficient manner so that the waiting time for visitors is reduced, and to maintain an orderly flow of traffic at Port Zante and other ports of entry.
- To ensure that the taxi dispatching operation is conducted in a professional and efficient manner.
- To be knowledge of the taxi rates in effect, in order to provide accurate information to visitors.
- To be knowledgeable about the Dispatching Policy and Prescribed Areas Act of the SKTA.
- To be knowledgeable and conversant about places of interest and historical sites on St. Kitts.
- To receive complaints from visitors and address complaints as per the policies of the St. Kitts Tourism Authority and report them to the Cruise Operations Inspectors.
- To maintain cordial relationships with the Taxi Association, Taxi Drivers and other vendors and users of the port.
- To ensure that taxi operators and other port users conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner. Where breaches of the established code of conduct are observed, to report them in a timely manner to the Cruise Operations Inspector on duty and provide a daily report on infractions to the Operations and Product Development Manager.
- To inform law enforcement agencies and or Cruise Operations Inspectors of any breach in safety or security that may affect visitors.
- To perform the duties of Customer Service Representative when required.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Management.
- Completed Secondary education with 5 CXC passes including English and Mathematics.
- 2 Years’ experience in the Tourism and Hospitality industry would be an asset.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Foreign language capabilities would be an asset.
- Commensurate with one’s qualifications.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 4th February, 2020.