The Chief Internal Auditor will provide independent assurance to the Board of Directors on the effectiveness of operational controls in place. He/she will establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders throughout the company and will be responsible for effectively communicating at all stages of the internal audit process, ensuring that all expectations are met. The Chief Internal Auditor will be responsible for setting the company’s internal audit strategy, developing leading practices and maintaining audit programs and advisory services across the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish policies and procedures to guide the Internal Audit activity.
• Plan, direct, coordinate, verify and control the functions and activities of the Internal Audit Unit.
• Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules and guidelines.
• Evaluate internal control systems, procedures, practices, governance processes and make recommendations.
• Ensure that assets of the Company are safeguarded, and that information is timely and reliable.
• Review the effectiveness of risk management policies.
• Monitor the accuracy and completeness of all financial transactions, operations, functions, records and statements.
• Report significant risk exposures, control issues and corporate governance issues to the Board of Directors and Senior Management.
• Report on a regular basis to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and provide information on matters requested.
• Provide guidance and counsel to Branches, Units, Divisions, and Departments regarding internal control matters.
• Provide adequate supervision and mentoring for staff of the Internal Audit Unit.
• Conduct investigations and produce reports on incidents of suspicious activities and violations of company policies and procedures.
• Coordinate and liaise with the Company’s External Auditors to enhance the efficiency of the audit process.
• Maintain a Quality Assurance process to assess actual performance against internal and external standards.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor of Arts Degree with an emphasis in auditing and accounting.
• Minimum of 10 years experience in auditing.
• Minimum of 7 years experience in a Senior Management role.
• Masters Degree in a relevant financial or managerial discipline.
• Professional designation or certification (ACCA, CIA, CPA, CA and/or CGA).
Skills and Abilities:
Applications should be submitted, no later than 18 August 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.