Reporting to the Senior Cash Processing Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting with cashier transactions and the safe handling of the company’s liquid assets.
- Recording and settling all cashier transactions
- Processing of debit & credit card transactions and per diem requests
- Processing petty cash transactions and preparing reimbursement requests
- Establishing and ensuring that all customer service standards are maintained
- Maintaining a high vigilance regarding security matters within the unit e.g. counterfeit and petty cash float
- Resolving customer complaints within a timely manner
- Assignment of credit card mobile machine to Sales Representatives and training them to use machines
- Investigate and clear reconciling items on bank reconciliation
- Preparation of lodgement reports
- Reporting, recording, and investigating cash differences
ACADEMIC/ PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma from a recognized institution or Five (5) GCE O’Levels/CXC General Passes, including English Language and a numeric subject (Mathematics or Accounting)
- At least two years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of applications and other software applications
- Ability to manipulate SAP
- Ability to work effectively within and engender a team-oriented environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Integrity and honesty
- Fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Requires flexibility and willingness to work long hours when necessary.
- Customer-service Skills: Cashiers must be courteous and friendly when helping customers. Must possess strong customer service skills.
- Manual Dexterity: Cashiers use their hands to operate registers and scanners.
- Listening Skills: Cashiers must pay attention to customer questions, instructions, and complaints.
- Patience: Cashiers must be able to remain calm when interacting with customers who are upset or angry. Must be able to assist customers in resolving issues.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit applications no later than 05/12/2021