GK General Insurance Company seeks to identify an individual looking for an excellent opportunity to progress his/her career; and who possesses the vision and energy to help drive dynamic changes in the company, in the following capacity: Accounts Receivables Officer
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the effective management of Accounts Receivables for all customers and intermediaries of GKI. The primary duties will include:
- Monitor outstanding balances from the Aged Analysis Report and unallocated cash and ensure the necessary corrective measures are implemented in a timely basis to ensure accounts are up to date.
- Assist with the development of and recommend strategies to ensure the collection of outstanding payments within the agreed timelines.
- Monitor the operational targets.
- Develop effective customer relationships through networking, delivering on customer commitments and providing the customer with key information critical for the customer’s business.
- Ensure accounts are updated in a timely manner with payment details.
- Complete periodic Reconciliations and ensure identified discrepancies are rectified and handle or escalated within agreed timelines.
- Develop a schedule for Broker visits and ensure visits are executed accordingly.
- Ensure cancellation notices regarding overdue balances are dispatched to the relevant stakeholders in the stipulated time frame.
- Keep current with accounting standards, changes in relevant legislation and regulatory requirements that can impact the business and make recommendation where necessary for improvements.
- Performs other duties, responsibilities and activities that may be assigned from time to time as required for the effective functioning of the Department.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- First Degree in Finance, Accounts or related field
- Three (3) years’ experience in an Accounting or Finance
- Experience in General Insurance and Receivables would be an asset
- General accounting principles, standards and regulations
- Credit and collection management and practices
- Customer Focused
- Relationship Building
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Attention to Detail with a Dedication to Efficiency and Accuracy
- Team Oriented
- Talent Building
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management and Multi-Tasking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Emphasis on Excel
?Qualified applicants are invited to submit applications no later than 28/11/2020.