There’s a saying in retail that the “customer is always right”. While this motto is often relevant for retailers and other business owners alike, letting customers call all the shouts won’t make a retailer successful. And while every merchant is different and every store has it’s own demands and goals, the following habits are repeatedly observed among many successful retailers.
We are looking for a full time, people oriented, creative and customer centric Optical Dispenser/Supervisor, who will be required to provide the highest standard of patient assistance with frame and lens selection, assist with enquiries regarding eye care needs and perform repairs and maintenance on spectacles. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for the general supervision of the branch operations and its employees.
The Optical Dispenser/Supervisor is responsible for:
• Explain prescriptions and recommends eyeglass frames and lens treatments based on their prescription, vision needs and style preferences to ensure that they make the best choice.
• Create work orders for the laboratory and follow up to ensure that jobs are sent within timeline.
• Conduct quality checks on all finished eyeglasses upon receipt from the laboratory.
• Use optical machines to obtain accurate measurements of patients' eyes and ensure the frames or lens are compatible with the prescription.
• Repair or re-fits broken eyeglass frames to guarantee sustained customer satisfaction.
• Educate patients about fitting contact lenses and eyewear.
• Create and maintain dispensary reports
• Management of Reports/Screens/Files
• Receive stock from suppliers, warehouse
• Process STN’s and GRN’s and action relevant reports and reconciliations.
• Ensure timely preparation and submission of variance reports, perpetual stock reports etc. to Inventory Control Department.
• Coordinate the stocktaking activities of the branch in accordance with company policy.
• Ensure that stock losses are kept at a minimum and within loss target
Merchandising of Store
• Update, print and place tickets on items.
• Ensure that the guidelines relating to tagging are adhered to.
• Ensure compliance with stock allocation, monitoring this on a weekly basis.
• Ensure conformance with established housekeeping and Visual Merchandize standards
• Ensure cash is banked according to the company’s procedures.
• Oversee the efficient management of the cashiering process
• Authorize delivery for goods purchased
• Effectively lead, motivate and manage the development and performance of the Optical Service Representatives (OSRs)
THE CANDIDATE – Minimum Requirement
• Degree in Business Administration/Management Studies or any other related field
• A minimum of 3 years working in the field of Optical Dispensing and managerial experience.
• Experience in a retail sales environment will be an asset
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to cope well in a high demand and stress related environments
• Competent in optical adjustments, repairs, prescription interpretation and quality assurance
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
• We pride ourselves on providing the foundation for exciting, long-term careers – a home where your previous retail and customer service expertise will be truly valued and you will be given the opportunity to thrive!