Management Top 5 Jobs
- Wealth Manager West
- Relationship Manager
- Manager Correspondent Banking
- Manager Credit Solutions
- Sales Manager
The Nevis Electricity Company Ltd (NEVLEC) is seeking applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Chief Engineer.
Interested? Get the details here how to apply.
NEVLEC is actively seeking a Chief Engineer to join its engineering and management team, reporting directly to the General Manager. The successful candidate, will have a focal point for ‘Utility Performance Management”, and will provide technical leadership and decision making on technical excellence for the efficient and reliable operation & maintenance of the electric utility.
In this role, you will work closely with departmental heads, project managers and other team members to execute work involving utility engineering principals and other related activities. You will assist with planning, design and construction efforts on a variety of engineering projects with a focus on utility improvement, generation expansion, power system studies and plant/equipment commissioning. Utility design development will include generation and transmission & distribution. Knowledge of renewable energy and grid integration design practices are a plus but not required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education: Bachelor's Degree (in Electrical /Mechanical engineering) or equivalent
- Six (6) to Ten (10) years of project experience in the study, design, and construction administration of utility planning, preferably encompassing both Generation and Transmission & Distribution
- Strong background in systems design (experience with power system planning tools & software is desirable)
- A thorough methodical approach to design activities and exceptional attention to detail.
- Substantial analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Sound understanding power system planning and expansion
- Sound understanding of power system protection
- Demonstrated proficiency in organization and presentation of documentation
- Knowledge of current Systems Engineering standards and techniques particularly with respect to diesel generation and transmission & distribution
- Experience of mentoring and providing technical leadership to multi discipline engineers of all levels
- Self-motivated leader and team player capable of working with minimum direction
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics
- Driven and committed, to maintaining high standards
- Chair design reviews
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Word, Outlook, Project, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Proficiency with power system simulation software
- Assist in the development of and participation in the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for NEVLEC.
- Set capital project priorities and monitor progress.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation and administration of special engineering studies and reports. Including but not limited to: load forecast, protection coordination, renewable energy integration, rate setting and tariff reviews, grid interconnection studies
- Manage the preparation and prioritization of multi-year Capital Improvement Programs for NEVLEC.
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, and specifications for utility design improvement and relocation projects
- Conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design related to infrastructure systems
- Preparation and review of technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents
- Select, supervise, train, and evaluate professional and technical staff.
- Manage the development of professional contracts with consultants and other utility agencies; monitor the implementation of such contracts.
- Detailed design and budgetary estimates.
- Participation with business development and presentations
- Direct and assist with the development of project staff and subconsultants
- Facilitate internal and client meetings, presentations and approval of plans
- Develop project schedule that incorporates all facets of design, client reviews, licensing and all other activities for successful project completion
- Develop material and construction specifications
- Monitor work to ensure compliance with applicable engineering and construction codes and practices.
- Engineering calculations to assure safety and performance of equipment and systems.
- Participate in community project outreach with a focus on utilities.
- Assist in checking completed job for adequacy of design and documentation.
- Perform economic analyses of engineering alternatives.
- Prepare reports and feasibility studies for submission to management.
- Serve as project coordinator or project engineer on assigned projects.
- Support utility field testing and investigations when required
- Facilitate construction administration and engineering services (submittal review, contract document interpretation, requests for information, correspondence, change requests, and change orders) when required.
- Communicate effectively and coordinate with consultants, consumers, developers, Government, project teams including other disciplines, such as architects, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical designers, cost estimators, GIS technicians, other utility design professionals.
- Prepare detailed engineering cost estimates.
- Provide support and guidance to Generation and T&D on O&M planning and improvements.
- Direct and manage technology development and support as it relates to utility engineering projects, including O&M.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) License/Registration
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Knowledge of Utility Performance Indicators
- Experience with utility policies and procedures
- St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Paul Charlestown
- Nevis Electricity Company Ltd.
- Full Time
- Bachelor's Degree
- Six (6) or more years
- Chief Executive Career
- Electrical and/or Mechanical engineering
- Directors, Chief Executives and Board Members
- Direct Employer