Management Top 5 Jobs
- Wealth Manager West
- Relationship Manager
- Manager Correspondent Banking
- Manager Credit Solutions
- Sales Manager
Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club is seeking to recruit a Facilities Manager.
Interested? Get the details here how to apply.
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Assists the Engineering Management Team managing all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Assists in managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Assists in leading the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years' experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration) /electrical/plumbing.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 1-year experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
- Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems.
- Ensures regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
- Assists in managing and controls heat, light and power and recommends current best methods for energy conservation and economical facility operations.
- Develops specifications and requirements for service contracts and administers such contracts to support building needs.
- Distributes preventive maintenance and repair work orders and monitors timeliness and quality of completion.
- Oversees and directs the maintenance of grounds, guestrooms, public space, restaurants, property vehicles and recreational facilities.
- Develops a long-term plan for preventative maintenance and asset protection and overseeing execution of plan.
- Develops project plans in accordance with renovation or new construction needs.
- Contacts contractors for bids and supervising construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
- Builds positive relationships with external customers such as city building/zoning department, fire prevention bureau and vendors.
- Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
- Performs monthly property inspection to ensure buildings and grounds are maintained in excellent condition.
- Conducts guest room and public area inspection to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities to determine the type of work required.
- Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Selects and orders or purchasing new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
- Manages parts and equipment inventory.
Maintaining Property Standards
- Ensures building and equipment licenses and certifications are current.
- Maintains property life safety systems (firefighting equipment, sprinkler systems and alarm systems).
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Shares plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve guest satisfaction.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Participates in interviewing and hiring of team members with the appropriate skills.
- Uses all available on the job training tools to train new associates and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Conducts a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Ensures associates understand Company, Resort and Departmental expectations and parameters.
- Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same with them.
- Schedules associates to business demands and tracks associate time and attendance.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to policy.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals.
- Ensures associate recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy, and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
- Participates in associate progressive discipline procedures.
- Reviews associate satisfaction results.
- St. Kitts & Nevis, Basseterre
- Marriott International, Inc.
- Full Time
- Two (2) years
- Early Career
- Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics or equivalent
- Real Estate & Facility Services
- Direct Employer