Logistics - Distribution Top 5 Jobs
The Inventory Controller is responsible for the total planning, organization, registration, reporting, and monitoring of all incoming flow of goods and handling the related transfers at the branch.
Interested? Get the details here how to apply.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directing, instructing, guiding, motivating and managing the subordinates within the branch in an efficient and stimulating manner.
- Oral and written report of the daily work with the Assistant Store Manager.
- Supervising the execution of all company processes along the guidelines and process description and giving advice to the Store Manager.
- Operational interpretation of all activities that are required for achieving the business objectives in the area of stock movement.
- Ensuring that the cycle count is performed optimally according to the year planning.
- Detecting and analyzing differences between administrative and actual stock. Explaining these differences, with an eye on possible trends and/or special features and then justifying them in writing to the Assistant Store Manager.
- Ultimately ensuring the correct processing of all goods mutations, besides the regular sales, such as depreciation of damaged goods, depreciation for internal use, depreciation indicated as inventory differences, and depreciation on behalf of the purchasing department.
- Ensure that, in accordance with the annual planning, the zero stock reports are carried out and reported to purchasing.
- Ensure the tracking, updating and processing of the entire location code file of the branch.
- Depreciation of damaged goods, within the existing procuration arrangements.
- Coordinating the inspection of incoming goods, among other things, based on the order list by counting the packages.
- Ensure that after the check mentioned above has been carried out, the goods are ready for merchandising.
- Ultimately responsible for the quality and quantity of the work of the Assistant Inventory Controller, the Supervisor Warehouse and Receiving.
Performing all other activities that are important for the smooth running of the administrative support to the process of the flow of goods in the store, that can be considered necessary for the fulfillment of the position.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Finance, Accounting or Business with additional professional training towards stock management, logistics or Supply Chain management.
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel, which includes V-Lookups, IF Statements, and Pivot Tables.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Verifiable affinity with construction material and/or retail industry.
- Willing to work irregular hours
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Able to adequately react to unexpected situations and handle stress
- Persistent and inventive in detecting errors and irregularities
- In good physical health as may be required to lift heavy objects
- Strong analytical and numerical insight
- Decisive leader with strong personality, hands-on mentality
- Independent, controlling, accurate, attentive, and result-oriented work
- Team player who knows how to communicate effectively at and with all levels/positions
- Able to multitask