Sales Top 5 Jobs
- Development Specialist
- Retail Sales Supervisor
- Account Manager
- Sales Representative
- Commercial Analyst
The Account Manager is responsible for purchasing, maintaining, and intensifying customer relations/contacts with (potential) customers such as contractors, project developers, and (potential) investors within the market area.
Interested? Get the details here how to apply.
He/she does this based on an intensive personal approach and by offering advice to clients, aiming to reach the sales targets as defined in the budget. The Account Manager ensures that with this specific target group Kooyman is “top of mind” when it comes to purchasing building materials and hardware, available from stock as well as on special order.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and keeping track of all relevant developments on the market regarding any potential new and bigger projects and, based on that, extremely pro-actively acquiring and approaching (potential) customers.
- Managing accounts information through CRM software.
- Developing and implementing administrative sales procedures to assist in the delivery of timely quotations and order processing.
- Ensuring follow-up of issued and pending quotations to secure orders.
- Continuing to actively follow the construction process of potential customers, to increase this target group.
- Periodically informing store- and category management about all relevant customer and market information: current and future projects, possible large one-off orders, price issues, product information, product shortcomings, no-sales, competition actions, specific and special information about (potential) customers, etc.
- Keeping up with specialist literature, attending seminars, visiting trade fairs as required.
- Bears final responsibility for the entire process of special orders for regular items, from sales, purchasing to delivery.
- Preparation of an annual budget in the arena of turnover, contributions, and acquisition of new customers for the customer group and/or market area assigned.
- Serving as a liaison between potential customers and the organization with regard to all their wishes, questions, and other matters such as quotations, pending orders, transport issues, deliveries, payments, quality issues and complaints, Funmiles issues, sponsoring- and donation requests, etc.
- Informing and advising (potential) customers about materials, technical possibilities, price, other service- and payment options.
- Building and maintaining personal contacts by paying regular visits to potential customers and construction projects.
- Complying with all the company rules and procedures
- Networker with excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Identify worthy sponsorship and donation requests
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications & experience:
- Associate Degree or Diploma in the area of Sales, Marketing, management, Business administration or retail Sales.
- Commercial and/or architectural qualification complemented with commercial vocational education and/or training.
At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
Clear affinity with construction materials and/or the hardware retail industry.
Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, AUTOCAD, and CRM.
Excellent knowledge of the (application of) building materials (assortment knowledge)
Able to give substantive (building) advise with regards to application of construction material
Independent, result-oriented individual
Pro-active and full of initiative with an had-on mentality