Management Top 5 Jobs
Operations and Finance Manager
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) is currently seeking a Barbadian National candidate for the position of Operations and Finance Manager (O&F Manager) on the USAID/Eastern and Southern Caribbean Monitoring and Evaluation Support Services project.
Interested? Get the details here how to apply.
The objective of this five-year Monitoring and Evaluation Support Services project is to provide assistance to the USAID Mission in the Eastern and Southern Caribbean (USAID/ESC) in monitoring, evaluation, learning, and reporting of results during the implementation of its Regional Development Cooperation Strategy (RDCS).
The O&F Manager will be responsible for all Financial Management, Logistical Operations, and Human Resources Management for ESC. S/he will assist the COP with administration, contract compliance, and payroll to ensure that the ESC team achieves and reports on all benchmarks and deliverables. The O&F Manager will work collaboratively with other members of the project team and other IBTCI offices to ensure that the necessary planning, development, management and field activities function smoothly and efficiently.
This position will be based in IBTCI’s Field Office in Bridgetown, Barbados.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The O&F Manager responsibilities will include developing a USAID and IBTCI compliant Financial Management and Reporting system that is also compliant with local Barbadian law.
- S/he will produce and submit financial and budget reports (monthly, annual, ad hoc).
- Develop financial procedures and guidelines for all activities.
- Monitor project budgets and develop budget projections.
- Maintain accurate financial records on project activities.
- Establish financial controls and risk mitigation, monitor transactions to ensure compliance with USAID-regulations.
- Prepare and submit monthly invoices.
- Oversee USAID-required audits and ensure sound banking procedures and relationships.
- Will lead project administrative functions and staff particularly namely establishing and supervising administrative systems, policies and procedures for such activities such as travel/transportation, procurement, human resources, physical facilities, contracts and compliance and IT.
- O&F Manager will help ensure - in collaboration with field and HO staff - resources are appropriately directed to program priorities and are in line with program work plans.
- Maintains regular communication, through frequent phone calls, with project employees, consultants and/or country field offices; and, based on needs assessments, procure necessary equipment and supplies to ensure that IBTCI staff and consultants are supported throughout the course of their assignments facilitating smooth work implementation.
- Supports IBTCI employees and consultants securing appropriate work permits and visas as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the International staff’s lease agreements, including Tax withholding and reporting to IBTCI HO.
- Provides logistical support for workshops, meetings, trainings, and ESC-sponsored conferences and other events.
- Responds to other requests as directed by the COP.
- Participates in team-wide meetings and initiatives.
- Participates in initiatives within IBTCI related to assisting corporate Operations with developing standards, policies, management tools, training based on project experience.
- Serve as field-based security focal point and liaise with the HO-based security team.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- USAID O&F Manager experience highly preferred including sound working knowledge of USAID rules and regulations and administrative systems.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles, theories, practices, and terminology (private sector, governmental, and nonprofit) and an ability to understand accounting practices and procedures; to analyze data, narrative reports, and workload flow charts, etc.
- Experience with funds control and monitoring of fraud and abuse.
- Must be a team player and work well in groups.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with accounting and non-accounting individuals.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve complex issues using strong analytical skills and proactively anticipates work requirements.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and adaptability required.
- Mastery of Microsoft programs i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available accounting software programs (i.e. QuickBooks).
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in successful management (financial, administrative, logistical) with a reputable NGO, development contractor or donor agency.
- Deep understanding of policies and regulations related to USAID project funding, sub-contracting and reporting requirements.
- Prior experience with USAID awards.
- Demonstrated skills in financial and administrative oversight of USAID funded projects.Oral and written fluency in English required.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Public Administration or related field required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: No travel is required.
Work Authorization: Barbadian National.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
Reports To: Chief of Party (COP)
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Barbados, Bridgetown
- International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
- Full Time
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least Five (5) years
- Early Career
- Accounting, Finance, Business or Public Administration
- Operations Management
- Direct Employer