Engineering Top 5 Jobs
QA/QC TECHNICIAN - MATERIALS
Fircroft one of the world's leading technical recruitment agencies is seeking to recruit a QA/QC Technician Materials on contract basis
Interested? Get the details here how to apply.
The Materials QAQC representative core responsibility is to ensure the quality and accuracy of all received materials, in accordance with ordered material specifications. He/she is also responsible for setting up the systems, processes, checklist and work instructions to ensure adherence to good quality management practices as per client DEP, Piping Specifications, and Project requirements. The position is accountable to the LMMS Manager and is responsible for all deliverables under QA Assurance Plan as applicable to all areas.
The incumbent demonstrates a good general understanding of materials management procedures and practices, including construction codes, and non-destructive testing.
The role interacts with all disciplines through the client T&T assets; Maintenance, Reliability, Turnarounds, WRFM, Projects, Operations, etc.
The role also demonstrates a good general understanding of Lessons Learned processes and participates in the relevant Lessons Learned from Turnarounds as well as captures lessons from ongoing activities to provide feedback for work execution improvement (Job Plans, PMs, and T/A Planning) to Line Managers and relevant stakeholders.
The dimensions of this role include, but are not limited to, Quality Assurance responsibilities and Quality Control responsibilities as follows:
* Receiving Inspection- front end verification on applicability and accuracy to the specifications, approved drawings and manufacturer's recommendations.
* Identify the storage requirements of materials with Activity Engineers as per manufacturer's recommendations; and ensure adherence to the preservation guidelines.
* Participate in supplier audits as required.
* Liaise across technical disciplines to quality assure appropriate material codes and engineering standards are adhered to in ordering process.
* Perform gap analysis to identify any areas of process improvement, based on surveillance audits.
* Verification of received materials as per engineering bill of materials and approved drawings and Purchase orders documentation.
* Measurement and dimensional verification of materials, where required.
* Technical aptitude to interpret and apply industry codes and standards such as ASTM, API, ASME, AWS, NACE, etc.
* Generate and track Non-conformance reports and identify corrective actions where applicable
* Provide support to identify root cause investigations.
* Generate weekly/monthly reports as required.
* Technician Diploma and 6 years' experience in the field of Quality, Inspections & NDE Testing
* Knowledge of Non-Destructive Examination- PMI, MPI, PT, UT, etc.
* Ability to interpret construction drawings, isometrics, P&IDS, and process flow diagrams
* Strong coordination, organizational and interpersonal skills
* Detail oriented and meticulous to ensure that specifications and requirements are complied with
* Clear and effective oral and written communication skills
* Computer literacy
* Self-motivated, proactive and confidence to challenge the status quo and non-adherence to technical specification.
- Trinidad & Tobago, Port of Spain
- Fircroft Engineering Services Ltd.
- Full Time
- Minimum of Six (6) years
- Early Career
- QA, QC, QS
- Direct Employer