Logistics - Distribution Top 5 Jobs
CUSTOMS AND AGENCY AUTHORITY
Fircroft one of the world's leading technical recruitment agencies is seeking to recruit a Customs and Agency Authority on contract basis
Interested? Get the details here how to apply.
* Managing Customs Department daily activities included but not limited to clearance and audit processes as per Customs and Excise division guidelines, regulations, legislation and company policy in all areas of Trinidad business unit.
* Monitor regulatory and legislative changes as well as oversee pre-classification of commodities and interpret and respond to inquires to ensure that the company is complying with all government agencies and local laws/legislations.
* Ensure accurate and timely service, including financial controls not limited to pre-classification (Temporary Imports, In-Transit goods, Imports) and ensuring customs bonds are in place to avoid penalties.
* Responsible for ensuring entries are filed to customs by brokerage fir via ASYCUDA in a timely and accurate manner.
* Providing guidance on customs laws and regulations to internal, external customers and staff.
* Developing, implementing and maintaining customs procedures and seeking continuous improvements for developing the department.
* Tracking and maintain visibility of import/export activities and work flow systems for proper use. Ensuring all Customs and client related documents are in good order and filed accordingly.
* Generating weekly import/export, In-Transit, Temporary Import reports as requested by Account Management and Control Tower Manager.
* Work closely with Account Managers on small business projects; transportation team and operations team to seek mutually benefitting process improvements to drive productivity and implement best practices in relation to customs.
* Financial responsibilities include but not limited to marketing and actively searching for new business, revenue generation by preparing bids for tendering, internal control for profit margin at account level and producing timely backups for billing.
* Ensure that the Port Agency's operations are carried out accordingly to the same legal provisions and ethical codes that govern the activities of the Port Agents and Ship Brokers.
* Act as the Liaison between Brokerage Companies, Customs Officers Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders, Port Authority, Vessel Agents, BV, Port Managers/
* Coordinate freight delivery to designated locations.
* Building and maintaining a strong working relationship between the shipping agency and clients, affiliates and other commercial/govern bodies
* Working closely with other departments across the company in order to add value to overall service packages provided to the clients.
* Research and resolve customer complaints on customs related issues.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* 10 years of experience in the Marine Agency and Customs sector
* Customs broker license would be an asset
* Experience of Microsoft Office packages
* Basic knowledge of accounting and relative information retrieval
* Supervisory or managements experience
- Logistics - Distribution
- Trinidad & Tobago, Port of Spain
- Fircroft Engineering Services Ltd.
- Full Time
- Ten (10) years
- Early Career
- Customs broker
- Customs & Shipping
- Recruitment Consultant