Engineering Top 5 Jobs
Fircroft one of the world's leading technical recruitment agencies is seeking to recruit an Assistant Inspector
Interested? Get the details here how to apply.
The Assistant inspector is a key member of the inspection team. The Assistant Inspector will be working together with the Inspection Coordinator and other Inspectors on performing periodic inspections on offshore containers and lifting equipment. As assistant, you will be assisting the inspector with these inspections and you will also perform pre and post shipment inspections on equipment.
Roles & responsibilities:
* Receiving off hire containers and perform post use check
* Preparing on hire contains and perform pre use check
* Rinsing and cleaning off hire container where required
* Performing minor maintenance on containers and lifting equipment
* Assistance with periodic inspections on containers and lifting equipment under supervision of qualified inspector
* Assistance with Non Destructive Testing under supervision of qualified NDT inspector
* Performing general works around the workshop and yard
* Any other duties as directed in support of operations by relevant Line Manager
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Qualifications and experience
* Technical secondary education certificate or a combination of education and work experience
* Valid Driver's license
* Knowledge of and proficiency in the English language (written & oral)
* Forklift license considered desirable but not required
* Relevant inspection experience is desirable but not required
Job Specific Competencies
* Experience and exposure in a similar role in supply base operations including quayside operations, marine coordination and vessel scheduling is preferred.
* Ability to work on own initiative and collaborate/work in/with a team.
* Ability to be versatile and adaptable to change.
* Ability to cope in a dynamic environment, whilst working with multiple issues at the same time, and an ability to deal with setbacks.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to make decisions and influence stakeholders.
* Demonstrate a track record of driving/delivering innovative solutions to deliver efficiency, im
- Trinidad & Tobago, Port of Spain
- Fircroft Engineering Services Ltd.
- Full Time
- Secondary Education
- Early Career
- Maintenance, Technical & Technician
- Recruitment Consultant