Our client is one of the Caribbean’s largest Information Technology and Communications Companies who are seeking a dynamic individual to join the Sales Team in Barbados.
The Account Manager will seek to cultivate relationships with clients while growing their existing portfolio in Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean. They will be responsible for the effective promotion and selling of IT infrastructure, software and service support by understanding clients’ business needs and technology requirements.
• Consulting on customer-oriented solutions that focus on clients’ business needs appropriate to the market
• Understanding the client’s business requirements to ensure relevancy of recommendations and to aid in forecasting future needs
• Addressing, resolving and escalating as necessary, client issues and concerns in a timely and efficient manner
• Identifying and developing opportunities within the targeted market sectors to include
promotional opportunities for the company’s products and services.
• Remaining up-to-date with the latest product and market offerings relevant to the company’s line of business
• The achievement of agreed revenue targets while effectively satisfying client needs
• Responding to requests for information, quotations and proposals in a timely and professional manner
• The preparation and submission of accurate Sales reports in agreed time frames.
• Aid in sustaining and further developing the company's reputation in the industry
• Developing and managing relationships with partners to refine strategies and grow the company’s portfolio of offerings and market share
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
• Two or more years’ experience in consultative Account Management, preferably in a technology environment.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with sound business acumen
• Current with regional and international developments in Information Technology and Communication
• Team-oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Comfortable in a multi-tasking, deadline-driven workplace
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and personal vehicle
• Possession of the required documents to facilitate regional and international travel