Management Top 5 Jobs
- Wealth Manager West
- Relationship Manager
- Manager Correspondent Banking
- Manager Credit Solutions
- Sales Manager
Manager Compliance Testing & Training (FC7) - Regional
Reporting to the Head, Compliance Programmes, the Manager, Compliance Testing & Training is responsible for the implementation of CIBC FirstCaribbean’s (the “Bank”) non-AML regulatory compliance effectiveness testing programme across the Bank.
Interested? Get the details here how to apply.
Purpose of the Role:
The Manager is responsible for the management, development, maintenance, execution and administration of the compliance department’s programme with respect to testing the effectiveness of non-AML regulatory processes within the Bank. The Manager is responsible for the development of all compliance training material in conjunction with managers within the compliance team and Learning and Development to ensure the Bank’s regulatory and legislative requirements are clearly articulated throughout the Bank. The incumbent is responsible for managing and leading the assigned resources from within compliance in the conduct of effectiveness reviews of Line of Business processes and practices across the region. In addition, the Manager, as the subject matter expert, will be required to assist / oversee, as the case may be, other testing areas across the Bank, including Internal Audit and the Lines of Business in the development and design of testing methodology with respect to compliance procedures and related reporting. The Manager builds and maintains relationships with colleagues within compliance, Internal Audit and across the Bank’s Lines of Business (LOBs) and Strategic Support Units. Using their intimate understanding of effectiveness testing, the Manager will ensure that effectiveness testing for regulatory and legislative requirements conducted by all groups is comprehensive, controlled, and effective. Additionally, the Manager is responsible for ensuring thorough analysis of the results of the non-AML compliance field testing programme such that the root cause of non-compliance is identified to ensure effective and sustained remediation. Classification of these results must be performed in accordance with the Bank’s deficiency management policy and reported into deficiency management, senior management and the board as part of department’s assessment of the compliance risks associated with the Lines of Business and the Bank in general.
- Manages the compliance department’s non-AML regulatory compliance testing and training programmes, including the scheduling of engagements, execution of the review, analysis of results and production of assessment reports to the Head, Compliance Programmes.
- Responsible for the development of all compliance training material in conjunction with managers within the compliance team and Learning and Development to ensure the Bank’s regulatory and legislative requirements are clearly articulated throughout the Bank.
- As a subject matter expert, serves as the compliance department’s primary point of contact in respect of all aspects of Bank-wide non-AML regulatory compliance effectiveness testing and promotes a deep understanding of the purpose of regulatory effectiveness testing across all Strategic Support Units.
- Responsible for coordinating non-AML regulatory test programme deliverables and managing the assigned resources through execution of testing. This includes scheduling the exam with the applicable Strategic Support Units, leading the exam and managing staff executing the examination. Responsible for the quality of the review and the delivery of a timely, impactful and accurate assessment in the form of a report. Also responsible to ensure the applicable Strategic Support Units commits to and delivers effective remediation for any identified issues.
- Responsible for continuous review of the effectiveness of the non-AML regulatory testing programme with the view of improving and enhancing the programme. This entails understanding changes in regulation, and resulting processes within the business such that testing focuses on identifying key regulatory issues. In order to do this the incumbent must stay abreast of external and internal changes and also must continually assess whether or not the testing programme is as effectively designed as possible to identify material risk. Responsible for design and maintenance of testing documents to ensure key regulatory and legislative requirements are covered by the tests and that controls with the Bank are appropriately designed to enable compliance with requirements.
- Responsible for aggregating and synthesising testing results to formulate deficiencies based on business units, country and regional findings as appropriate. Working with the Deficiency Management team to ensure risks are appropriately identified, reported, mitigated and tracked.
- Responsible for identifying and escalating trends observed from non- AML regulatory testing reports, and ensuring timely and robust reporting of issues to the Chief Compliance Officer, senior management and executives, and assisting with the preparation and maintenance of all analytics and reports for the compliance department with respect to test results.
- Advises / oversees, as the case may be, on non-AML regulatory compliance testing methodology employed by other Lines of Business and Strategic Support Units, e.g. Internal Audit, groups conducting first line of defence management testing, including with respect to the design of the tests, and the reporting of test results, recommending changes as required.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the non-AML regulatory effectiveness testing programme within compliance, including collation and distribution of reports to the Chief Compliance Officer, Managing Directors, the Chief Risk Officer, Board of Directors and other Senior Management and CIBC Compliance.
- Assists the Chief Compliance Officer with tracking and reporting on deficiency remediation, and developing achievable action plans with realistic due dates that mitigates the risk identified to ensure that deficiencies are remediated within agreed timeframes.
Critical Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Strong knowledge of laws and regulations relevant to banking and other financial services and the ability to lead the development of training and testing programmes.
- Comprehensive understanding of key regulatory requirements across sectors throughout the Caribbean.
- Knowledge of testing principles and practices.
- Ability to create testing programs to assess effectiveness.
- Working knowledge of the operational elements in the banking environment.
- Understanding of key deficiency management tools.
- Researching abilities, able to tap into reliable sources of information.
- Ability to deliver complex information to groups of employees in a straightforward and understandable manner.
- Competency in PC applications, e.g. word processing - Word, presentations - PowerPoint, Office, etc.) plus ability to quickly learn relevant and potentially complex, add-on applications may be required.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills.
- Team player.
- Good written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Good time management.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a compliance, audit, risk management, legal or governance and control environment.
- Experience developing and delivering training to groups of varying sizes.
- Strong administrative, analytical and business support experience.
- Experience in delivering high quality work in a fast pace environment.
- University degree in business, accounting or a related field or equivalent would be an asset.
Position reports to: Head, Compliance Programmes
Salary range: In accordance with appropriate salary schedule
- Barbados, Saint Michael
- CIBC FirstCaribbean Bank
- Full Time
- University Degree
- Five (5) years
- Early Career
- Business, Accounting or equivalent
- Risk, Compliance & Assurance
- Direct Employer