School uniforms promote students’ loyalty and reduce students tendency to be violent. Without school uniform, students may form gangs and identify their group with same color clothes. Gang members would then victimize wealthy students. This violence can be prevented if all students identify themselves as one by wearing the same school uniform.
A student spends most of her productive waking hours in school. Thus, teachers play a pivotal role in her life. It is very important for a teacher to assess the needs of her students. A comfortable and congenial environment is very important for effective teaching and learning.
We all expect that our children will be excited and a little bit nervous about the first day of school. The first step to calming fears is identifying them. Here are ten things that make kids anxious about school:
Lecturer in the Health Sciences (Nursing) Division
The CFBC Board of Governors invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the full time position Lecturer in the Health Sciences (Nursing) Division at the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College from August 1, 2019.
P.O. Box 268, Burdon Street, Basseterre, St. Kitts
The deadline for receipt of applications is April 30, 2019. Late applications will not be acknowledged.
Summary and Job Description:
• Should be a Registered Nurse with advanced academic preparation and training preferably in the area of Nursing Education.
• Will be engaged in the delivery of all aspects of nurse education and will have a specific focus on the delivery of the Bachelor of Science Nursing Degree Program. The general duties and responsibilities would include preparation and delivery of classroom instruction and tutorials to students on a wide range of nursing and support courses.
• Will be expected to prepare related material such as course assignments and outlines, class schedules and syllabi and engage in assessment and evaluation of students.
• Will be required to participate in professional activities, maintain and develop areas of expertise and keep abreast of new trends in the field.
• Will be expected to facilitate students in a variety of clinical environments and assist them to make the congruence between theory and practice.
Qualification and Experience:
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Nursing Education is required.
• Have a current, active, license (or is eligible to licensed) to practice in the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis
• A minimum of 8 years of experience as a registered or advanced practice nurse.
• Possess good communication, interpersonal and computer literacy skills.
• Prior experience teaching students in the classroom and clinical practice environments would be an asset.
Qualified applicants should submit:
• Letter of Application
• Curriculum Vitae
• Official academic certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents (certified copies)
• Two references with telephone and e-mail addresses
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience and in accordance with the current salary structure at the CFBC.