A student spends most of her productive waking hours in school. Thus, teachers play a pivotal role in her life. It is very important for a teacher to assess the needs of her students. A comfortable and congenial environment is very important for effective teaching and learning.
You wake up one morning sweaty, out of breath and with a throbbing headache. You take every pain medicine available, but you still feel like crap. Determined to finish out the school year strong, you continue to teach until the last day of school. Despite your optimism you still cannot "shake" the feeling that maybe teaching is not the career you can stay in for the long run.
The CFBC Board of Governors invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the full time position Lecturer in the Health Sciences (Nursing) Division at the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College from August 1, 2019.
P.O. Box 268, Burdon Street, Basseterre, St. Kitts
The deadline for receipt of applications is March 31, 2019. Late applications will not be acknowledged.
Summary and Job Description:
• Should be a Registered Nurse with advanced academic preparation and training preferably in the area of Nursing Education.
• Will be engaged in the delivery of all aspects of nurse education and will have a specific focus on the delivery of the Bachelor of Science Nursing Degree Program. The general duties and responsibilities would include preparation and delivery of classroom instruction and tutorials to students on a wide range of nursing and support courses.
• Will be expected to prepare related material such as course assignments and outlines, class schedules and syllabi and engage in assessment and evaluation of students.
• Will be required to participate in professional activities, maintain and develop areas of expertise and keep abreast of new trends in the field.
• Will be expected to facilitate students in a variety of clinical environments and assist them to make the congruence between theory and practice.
Qualification and Experience:
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Nursing Education is required.
• Have a current, active, license (or is eligible to licensed) to practice in the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis
• A minimum of 8 years of experience as a registered or advanced practice nurse.
• Possess good communication, interpersonal and computer literacy skills.
• Prior experience teaching students in the classroom and clinical practice environments would be an asset.
Qualified applicants should submit:
• Letter of Application
• Curriculum Vitae
• Official academic certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents (certified copies)
• Two references with telephone and e-mail addresses
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience and in accordance with the current salary structure at the CFBC.