Management Top 5 Jobs
Project Operations Manager
The Project Operations Manager is Accountable for Operations in a Major Project from Concept Selection to Start up and early operate as well as line management, leadership and support for their line reports in Engineering Support, Site Operations, R&M, Integrity, Start-Up, along with Subsea and Marine as appropriate.
Interested? Get the details here how to apply.
The Galeota Expansion Project is in the Execute Phase of the Major Project Common Process. The Project Operations Manager will be accountable for the remainder of Execute, Start-up and early Operate.
- Deliver Major Projects Operations readiness for Trinidad Galeota Expansion Project.
- Build operating organizations and capability for commissioning support, start-up and long- term operations.
- Manages operational readiness including completion of all Start up Requirements relating to Operating and Start up Procedures, maintenance and integrity build, recruitment, spares, training & competency, etc.
- Optimize facility designs with focus on Operability, Reliability and Value. Evaluate and recommend design trade-offs to optimize project value
- Forecast and Optimize Operating Efficiency and Operating Costs for Project stage gates and FID.
- Develops and executes staffing plan, and builds capability needed safe and efficient start-up and operation
- Manages Operations interfaces between GPO, Trinidad Region and the functions
- Performance manage Operations delivery and readiness.
- Develop forecast of Operation Efficiency, and Operating
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders on key issues for optimization of services, risk management, and opportunities of mutual benefit.
- Lead the organizational change process.
- Support the integration of operations, facilities projects, drilling and well work activities and teams.
- Sustain and develop the strong team of BP and contract employees; ensure that all people are treated fairly and maintain a motivated workforce.
- Influence BP strategy and policy through active participation in the BP leadership team.
- Maintain active network both within SPU, federally within BP and externally.
- Ensure safe and effective health, safety and environmental (HSE) action plans, practices, processes and procedures are followed to achieve HSE compliance
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline or HNC in engineering discipline with appropriate front line managerial experience and development.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Experience in offshore production operations or engineering or projects leadership.
Proven Ability to manage large diverse teams and influence other parts of a large organisation.
- Experience administering contracts and in contractor performance management.
- Proven ability to support an inclusive environment where diverse points of view are valued as essential.
- Able to utilize and maintain networks throughout BP and with other operators.
- Accomplished track record in people and HSE leadership.
- Demonstrated evidence of site Manager or OIM competencies.
- Demonstrated success working within diverse, cross-functional teams; highly competent in relationship management working with a diverse set of stakeholders including contractors and government regulators.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):
Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels in the field and office as well as outside of the company are required.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- MPO Experience and Experience in major projects in the oil and gas industry, Strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Operating Management systems including commissioning and handover processes and procedures.
- Strong leadership and management skills and demonstrated ability to manage many separate elements of a diverse organisation
- Ability to generate alignment and teamwork across all parts of a diverse organisation
- Demonstrated experience of effective delegation with appropriate performance management.
- Trinidad & Tobago, South - Galeota Point
- British Petroleum
- Full Time
- Bachelor's Degree
- Early Career
- Project Management
- Direct Employer