Science - Research Top 5 Jobs
BHP a world-leading resources company is seeking to recruit a Graduate Geoscience to join their team.
Interested? Get the details here how to apply.
About the role
The BHP Petroleum Graduate Program was established to give Graduates first-hand experience of working in a petroleum company alongside oil and gas professionals. Graduates will work as part of an integrated team on several tasks and projects. Our Graduate Program commences in August 2019 and is designed with your career goals and personal development in mind. Highlights of the program include:
· 2+ year program providing the opportunity for you to work on business challenges, contribute to technical projects and get access to some of our most senior leaders
· Customizable training plan built with your supervisor and functional manager to assist with development in key competency areas - program focuses on building technical skills through on-the-job learning and coaching from technical experts
· Formal mentorship program
· 2 – one week residential training programs focusing on leadership, people skills and communication along with ongoing networking with other BHP Graduates around the world.
· External and internal training opportunities. Some international travel may be required.
A Graduate will join the Trinidad and Tobago Production Unit subsurface team which is responsible for the BHP operated oil and gas producing assets in Block 2(c) and the Block 3(a) Ruby development project. You will work collaboratively with multi-discipline teams on a variety of projects
In this program you will have exposure to:
· Progressing a field development project and supporting activities such as well planning, execution and supporting operations for the delivery of the drilling program
· Participate in real time drilling operations by monitoring real time drilling data, pre vs post drill well prognosis and assist with any required geological updates
· Support with the required geological information for exploration and appraisal activities including but not limited to prospect evaluation, developing geological model concepts , determine volume in place and identification of key reservoir risk
· Optimizing production and value from existing field area through reserves characterization and field opportunity assessment by providing geological support for identification of additional opportunities through infill drilling, up hole recompletions and side tracks
· Use of existing field lithostratigraphic column or support the construction of one to make well picks and correlate multiple well logs
· Provide geological support for assurance reviews, year-end reserve audits, partner and MEEI engagements
- Must be nationals/residents of Trinidad and Tobago
- Must have successfully completed their Geoscience degree and have no more than 2 years industry experience.
- A Master’s degree in the areas of geoscience, geology or geophysics is preferred
- A minimum 3.0 GPA or B average grade profile
- Graduates must have the ability to speak up, be innovative, curious and want to make a difference
- Graduates must be dependable and flexible, demonstrate initiative and above all put safety first
- Science - Research
- Trinidad & Tobago, Port of Spain
- BHP Billiton
- Full Time
- Master's Degree
- Two (2) or more years
- Early Career
- R&D, Science & Scientific Research
- Direct Employer